Parking Eye issue letter before county court claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all.

As above, my mother has received a letter today dated 20th March to respond with 14 days to PE.

The invoice is for £85 and she has unfortunately ignored all previous correspondence.

The letter has no 'mays' stating action 'will' be taken and court proceedings 'will' be issued.

The matter relates to over staying in a Morrison's car park. She paid £1 for an hours stay but arrived after the allotted time. Next steps?

Cheers.

Evening all.

As above, my mother has received a letter today dated 20th March to respond with 14 days to PE.

The invoice is for £85 and she has unfortunately ignored all previous correspondence.

The letter has no 'mays' stating action 'will' be taken and court proceedings 'will' be issued.

The matter relates to over staying in a Morrison's car park. She paid £1 for an hours stay but arrived after the allotted time. Next steps?

Cheers.

As it is PE, then I would recommend her as RK, to give the name and address of the driver IF it was not her...

This would discharge any keeper liability and the driver could then appeal and get the charge cancelled.

Why has she ignored all previous correspondence?

What was the outcome here?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?434060-Total-Parking-Solutions

And here?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419672-Vinci-PPC-Cardiff

Afternoon and thanks!Ok, the driver was her so bang to rights there....Shall she now write to PE, pay up or go down the court route?She has ignored all previous correspondence due to a few issues going on and buried her head in the sand.As for the other to cases in your link-all sorted with both PPC's having given up.

Any chance of you scanning the letter(s) that your mum has received, and after removing personal details and converting them to PDF, posting them up so that can read what they say in context.

This sounds like a Mickey Mouse (you have to pay us) ticket reminder and not a Letter Before Action. But it pays to be 100% certain.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Don't suppose she has a receipt or bank statement showing the spending in Morrisons ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Don't suppose she has a receipt or bank statement showing the spending in Morrisons ?

Morrisons tend not to be interested unfortunately. Referring people to ParkingLie. I'm assuming that it's a clause in their contract.

But.... ParkingLie will be claiming that they're acting on behalf of the landowner ie Morrisons. Morrisons don't actually own a lot of their stores (or the car parks) they sold and leased back a lot of them in 2014. So it would be interesting to do a land registry search (costs a couple of quid) to see who the land owner actually is, as opposed to who ParkingLie are claiming it is. If it's one of the leased back stores, that would throw a spanner into the ParkingLie works.

Which Morrisons was it?

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

DF1967- Thank you. I'll scan up for you tomorrow. Looks the real thing to be honest but let's see what you think. The store in question is Neath, South Wales.

Ell-enn- No receipt unfortunately.

PE will go to court, but its an easy win for you. Write to the new CEO of morrisons. he's currently overhauling the business including getting rid of management that came up with this scheme. Chances are he'll be interested in how PE are abusing their authority and penalising shoppers.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

My local Morrisons have got rid of PE there's no parking company on site any more

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

My local Morrisons have got rid of PE there's no parking company on site any more

Ours too, anyone would think the bliddy great big signs inviting customers to park for a maximum of 90 minutes were putting customers off :-)

If the letter is headed LBCCC, then PE will almost certainly issue a county court claim.

Shall she now write to PE, pay up or go down the court route?She has ignored all previous correspondence due to a few issues going on and buried her head in the sand.As for the other to cases in your link-all sorted with both PPC's having given up.

From this it would seem that the time and effort needed to ' go down the court route ', would not be advisable for your mother...

If she could remember who was driving on the date of the event , and give their name and address, then the keeper is absolved of any liability for the charge.

The driver could then start the appeal process again when they are sent a NTD. This will give more time to hound morrisons and will allow access to POPLA.

Unless you have it in writing that the other PPCs have cancelled the charges, then they may not be over. They have six years to chase you....

This is how PE get a lot of their money-fear. as said, tell PE that you were driving you mother to the shops and that you have only just been told about this and they have to then start again with you as they havent actually started proceedings against your mother. To continue just because they feel like it wont do well for them later down the road.

You can them use POPLA to appeal and they will probably lose at that stage.

Get a popla code. Appeal using gpeol and anything else you want and tell PE good luck with their next victim.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Then let them go to court. You use GPEOL and theyre finished. You really should get an email or letter off to morrisons HQ as well. It wont look good for them if PE took you to court simply because you parked in a supermarket car park to do your shopping.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all.

Unfortunately my mother has buried her head in the sand and has now been issued with a claim form. This was dated 13 April.

She has since sent the form back to Northampton asking for further time to reply, ackd that she would be defending and ticked the box disputing jurisdiction as PE want the case to be heard in the bulk centre as she obviously wants the case closer to home.

She has sent the form recorded delivery which has been signed for by Northampton.

PE are stating: £85 claimed, court fee of £25 and sols costs of £50. Grand total of £160

I am sitting down with her as we speak, getting her to fill in what she can via MCOL.

The question is what to do now? Any help would be gratefully received in terms of a robust defence etc.