Unhappy with Vauxhall repairs and customer service

GAEdwards
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a problem with my clutch about nine months ago where it would sporadically jam and refuse to go into gear. It did it a few times but seemed to resolve itself, until it happened on my way home from work and would not go into gear. I had to leave my car by the road and arrange to be picked up. When I returned to get my car the clutch was again working fine without a problem, but I took it into a Vauxhall garage anyway to be checked. I was told the problem was that the clutch had a low biting point and needed to be replaced, I paid approximately £500 for this.

Now, about nine months later, I have had a recurrence of the exact same problem and took it to a Vauxhall garage again. I am told that the clutch had a high biting point, but on stripping the car to check the gear box and clutch they could not see a problem with the previous repairs. They put the car back together, retested it, and say that my pedal box is broken and needs to be replaced. For all of this they would like £875.

I am really unhappy that I am having to pay so much money to have the same problem fixed within twelve months. Need I add that of course I was told the apparent two different causes of this are unrelated?

I feel that Vauxhall have been unsympathetic to this, and will not allow me to pay this in instalments although it is a large amount that I will struggle to afford.

Is it true that what I have described above could be caused by two unrelated problems that would not necessarily have been picked up the first time I took it in for repair?

The car is a Vauxhall Corsa from 2008, 1.2 engine, about 50k miles on the clock. I have had it for about four years and had no problems with it until the above, and no other major repairs aside from servicing.

Edited by Conniff