Jump to content

Council tax demand

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi i was wondering if there is anyone out there that can help me with regards to the mess ive found myself in,

i dont know what to do for the first time in my life i feel defeated.


My problem started when i started working and was a single parent,

i had two sons still living at home and took a job adhoc which in turn i had to go away for two three weeks at a time


my son would go stay with his dad, and my other with my mum,

ive never had a penny from the dad in the 12 years i was bringing my boy up,

i started working and it was good money but i didn't get paid whilst at home.


I could be for a month at time but was trying to get a contract,

i still had to pay full rent everything whether i got away or nit,

i paid ex towards looking after my son for a year,

but he didnt work and went to csa behind my bank

because he knew what i was making, and they collected the money for him.


I didnt have a choice but to go along with it because i needed my job,

then things started to suffer,

i was getting behind with normal things because they took their money first

and back dated to £500 a month regardless if id made a weeks money or three weeks money.


Also i had a bf who was abusing me,

i got a restraining order on, and asked council to move me,

but these days u have to put houses back to original state

even though thousands had been spent on property

and i didnt have the money and couldnt stay where i was because his bail got lifted

and even domestic abuse officer couldnt get me moved.


i up and left for my safety,

my son went to stay with his dad as he didnt want to move away from his pals,

the csa payments went up,

i moved around friends houses and i was working away three weeks at a time so didnt need a perm place to stay.


i met my wonderful man and then

i had a accident and

i was signed off my work and

csa were taking the money from my sick pay

, and nothing could get paid,



moved in with my bf and claimed esa because im waiting now on key hole surgery

and a summons claim through his door for my council tax from 2013 2014 but i left in nov 13.


Obviously they traced me because i claimed this benefit, and i really dont have the ability to pay

as ive been living here two months now and try to pay for food etc to help,

although my bf has his own house its not his responibilty to keep me,



now they have sent a wages arrestment order,

obviously im not getting paid from work,

csa are taking £5 a week,



i just dont know what im going to do



im 1500 over drawn at bank and theres nothing in there.


I dont live on a main land so have to rely on ferries to go to hospital,

i cant share this with my bf, its too much,



i need to register here for council tax now but im entitled to a rebate,

i will return to work after my op but by the time ive paid my travel costs over night in hotel to get to my place of wor

k which costs 300 round trip its not going to be worth it,



i havent contacted them yet because i dont know what to tell them,

i have nothing to my name i gave everything away help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi hopeless,


Your post does contain a lot of information and background as if a plea from your heart. Maybe you can make a summary post of your main issues with detailed points. For example - did you inform your council you moved out of your home? do you have proof you moved out of your home? what is the councils response to your complaint?


There are experts on this site who will be able to help you in this.


Maybe you should start another thread for help with previous domestic abuse? There are different problems in your post, making different threads for each problem may be easier?


Also, there is no reason to feel hopeless, defeated etc. If you do feel depressed, hopeless, defeated, please go see your GP, maybe take a printout of your above post. Your GP may possibly decide to give you "Happy Tablets" (antidepressants) for stress reaction and depression, or even to prevent you starting depression.


There are experts who will be able to help you with your council tax, bank etc soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...