Civil recovery RLP received letter. HELP PLEASE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm just absolutely petrified of things being taken further because of me ignoring the letters

Nothing will ever happen to you as a result of ignoring RLP. They have sent out thousands of these letters to thousands of people since 2012. Not a single one was taken to court or had anything done by RLP. In fact, if they do take you to court, i will personally go with you, and give you £1000. Thats how sure i am that it wont happen.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i still have not replied to the letter from RLP

i failed to mention that i was made to sign a community resolution form from the police.

does this make a difference with ignoring the RLP?

if i keep ignoring will the police become involved because i signed this form?

there's not a day that goes by where im not worrying about this

The police and RLP are entirely different entities. It matters not one jot what the police did as RLP don't get access to police databases. Remember, this is purely a money making scheme and nothing to do with deterrents. In fact, I would go as far as saying that RLP want shoplifting to continue or else their ONLY money coming in would dry up overnight.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Let me paint a picture for you.

You have made a mistake.

Say you gave me your address

And I wrote to you saying "you are a naughty person, give me £100 or I will take you to court"

Do you think I could do that?

The answer is NO, and exactly the same applies to RLP.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I refer you to post 2

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

iv been told from another source that because i have signed the 'community resolution form' given to me by the police

and if i dont complete the resolution (which im guessing is to pay the money to RLP)

then the case could be returned to the justice system.

im petrified

all items were returned in a saleable condition and i accepted a ban from the shop

. is the resolution form referring to those things or is it referring to a payment to the RLP (which i have been advised to ignore)

im very confused.

do the police and RLP have contact with one another?

Do you have a copy of this form?

Morally that is beyond the pale.

Can you upload a copy of it (PDF format with all personal and identifiable info removed)

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

i am unsure how to upload but the form has my name, address, DOB and it is written that i was caught shoplifting

it then states

'the victim has intimated that she/he is willing to have this matter dealt with informally and provide you an opportunity to make recompense for your actions.

this is voluntary and if you agree and complete the process you will not be subject to any further police investigation,

failure to complete the agreed actions will result in legal action being taken against you'

and then ive signed it at the bottom.

http://www.communityresolution.co.uk/guidelines-on-community-resolutions.html

4.4 compliance

4.4.1 A CR is an agreement entered into between offender and victim, and, as a result, the officer must explain to both parties that this is a voluntary agreement which will not be directly enforceable by the police in all but the most exceptional circumstances.

As far as I am concerned, the victim is the store, NOT RLP, therefore an agreement asking you to pay RLP is not enforceable and has no legal basis.

2.3.2 Outcomes can; -

Be instant - an apology (In person or via letter) and/or reparation (repairing or paying the damage loss)

Again, all items were returned in a salable condition, no loss to the store occurred, therefore asking you to pay for no losses to a party (RLP) that lost nothing breaks the guidelines for the order.

This is just after a quick skim of the document, I suspect you have nothing to worry about.

thank you very much for your reply.

you have put my mind at ease although of course im still worried as this is my first (and last) offence and i am not used to any of this.

i have only received the first letter from RLP so i will post the second letter on here when i receive it.

thank you for your advice, i cant describe how much i appreciate it.

iv been told from another source that because i have signed the 'community resolution form' given to me by the police

and if i dont complete the resolution (which im guessing is to pay the money to RLP)

then the case could be returned to the justice system.

im petrified

they are talking rubbish!!

ignore RLP

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Who is this other source? Or is it just you worrying?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

i am unsure how to upload but the form has my name, address, DOB and it is written that i was caught shoplifting

it then states

'the victim has intimated that she/he is willing to have this matter dealt with informally and provide you an opportunity to make recompense for your actions.

this is voluntary and if you agree and complete the process you will not be subject to any further police investigation,

failure to complete the agreed actions will result in legal action being taken against you'

and then ive signed it at the bottom.

we would like to have this for our library please

can you scan it or photo it please?

HOW TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS / IMAGES ON CAG IMMEDIATELY YOU DO NOT NEED 10 POSTS

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG

YOU MUST ensure that you REMOVE all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc

ENSURE: To leave all Monetary Figures and Dates.

DO NOT USE A BIRO, PEN, SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS TO EDIT THE INFORMATION

1. SCAN YOUR DOCUMENT

- Set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300 DPI (150 will do)

- Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture (jpg) file

- Don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

- If you have multiple scans/pictures

please put these into WORD and make a multi page document

first ensuring you have removed all Personal Information before converting to PDF.

if you dont have MSOFFICE, use openoffice its free and has a PDF converter.

- IPHONE ONLY: Take a picture and Convert to PDF via an APP

2. HOW TO EDIT (Remove Personal Information)

- Do this using MSPAINT.EXE or any Photo Editing program and ensure to save the document.

PLEASE TRY AND REFRAIN FROM POSTING FILES OF +1Mb in size

a single sheet of a4 should be about 50kb.

3. HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DOCUMENT TO PDF

- If you have OFFICE installed this has an installable PRINT to PDF option so use this and save as PDF.

- If you have PDF as an installed driver use this program and save as PDF.

OR Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites:

- http://freejpgtopdf.com/

- http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

- http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

- http://www.pdfmerge.com/

- http://www.primopdf.com/

PLEASE REMEMBER: It would be better to upload a Multi-page PDF rather than multiple Single PDFs.

4. BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- Logically Name your PDF File so Users know what it is. DO NOT NAME YOUR FILE USING BANK NAMES OR CAG IN THE TITLE

- For Example: Default Notice DDicon-MM-YYYY.

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG please ensure that you do a final check that all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc. are REMOVED before carrying out the NEXT STEP

5. HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- In your Thread/Post open a new msg box here.

- Click 'Go Advanced' below the msg box.

- Click 'Manage Attachments' below that box.

- Click the 'Add Files' button on the top right.

- Click 'Select Files', navigate to your file(s) on your PC.

- Click 'Upload Files'.

- You DON’T have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box just upload it ……… JOB DONE

- You can click on your links to check them too!!

and they

As mentioned in my previous post, the police and RLP have nothing in common.

Community resolution has nothing to do with RLP

I also want to see that letter as if RLP are saying they 'WILL' take legal action then that is a lie as they are not in any position to do so. Only the store can instigate legal action.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have received my second letter today. I have attached a picture. The letter is titled 'letter before claim'

Can you read through this and let me know if this is a 'normal' second letter from the RLP? It has come just before my uni exams and I'm already incredibly stressed. If this is a usual letter, am I still safe to ignore all letters?

Also they sent a FAQ sheet and it says their claim is NOT a speculative invoice...which is different to what I've been told :(

I just need to know if I am safe to ignore this letter and also any other future letters from them.

here

The quality of the picture isn't good, sorry.

It basically says I owe £147.50....'this does not include any amount for the property or cash as these were fully recovered'

And it also says 'ignoring he letter before claim may lead to the claimant starting proceedings and may increase your liability for costs'

I am on an iPad so unsure how to convert images. I have given you a basic jist of the letter in my previous post

Can you convert the image to a pdf file please as the image you have posted is a little small for my ageing eyes :-)

can you also do the same with the extra letter as this may be one I have not seen before.

I suspect the Letter Before Claim is one we have seen before but all you need to remember is that RLP can not take you to court!

Screenshot it, edit out all personal info, then host it on an external image site, then link it here.

ignoring he letter before claim may lead to the claimant starting proceedings and may increase your liability for costs

It may, but it wont. RLP are trying to scare you.

speculative invoice

nice self confessed conclusion there!

dx

and they

Standard silly letter from jackie. I cant wait till they chase after the wrong person who has a solid legal team ready and waiting.

I am also moving out of this address in a month.

My mail won't be redirected...will most probably be put in the bin by the next tenants.

They won't inform the police and track me down to my new address will they?

Is it a good thing that I won't be able to see the letters they send after next month?

They won't inform the police and track me down to my new address will they?

who are 'they'?

and they