PCN Parking on double Yellow Lines are the lines enforcable

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have received a PCN contravention code 01 for parking on double yellow lines as shown in the diagram below, are these lines enforceable i.e. do I appeal or pay? any help appreciated

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56692[/ATTACH]

Well since you aren't allowed to park on double lines then yes it is 100% enforceable. You can stop ONLY to pick up someone or drop someone off but must not remain there.

Just curious, what did you think they meant?

The £75 parking ticket is no joke sorry my question is are the lines as painted enforceable what is the intersecting line half way down, I cannot see an example of this in the highway code description of double yellow lines

Hi Sorry yes I parked where I should not, at 21:00 at night thinking no traffic enforcement around at that time, my mistake, my question is as shown in the picture below what does the intersecting line halfway down the double yellow lines mean, and does this make the double yellow lines none enforceable, just trying to avoid a paying a ticket really . What does the line highlighted by the red arrow mean??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56702[/ATTACH]

Looks like some road works have cut off the end of the markings, then new lines have been painted over.

You can appeal and try to argue this, but it will take a lot of effort to try and fight this, effort that will likely not be worth it in the end.

From your pic, I would suggest that the transverse line is where the DYL's previously finished and have since been extended.

That doesn't make them unenforceble. However if they have been extended, the Council would also need to amend the Traffic Regulation Order for that street to cover the extended area. Chances are they have, but they may not have done.

TRO's are available to view at the Council's offices

Hi Thanks for the comments I think on this occasion I will get my credit card out:sad:

Agree, could get quite costly if you try to defend....

The council will only argue that the DYL's are obvious and so is there meaning regardless of any errors to the DYL's, those types of arguments

won't wash any longer unfortunately...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Agree, could get quite costly if you try to defend....

The council will only argue that the DYL's are obvious and so is there meaning regardless of any errors to the DYL's, those types of arguments

won't wash any longer unfortunately...

Exactly, and the courts have said the same when a defence was entered that the lines were broken with wear. It cost a lot more than just paying it anyway.

It costs nothing to appeal. Give it a try.

Soon as poss, ask the council for a copy of the Traffic Regulation Order for that street, and check that it states yellow lines right the way along. It might not, in which case, you have a slam-dunk win on appeal.

If it does, appeal anyway, arguing that the markings are not correct. You never know, you might get a result. If not, nothing lost - pay then.

Really?

I fail to see how that is good advice Jambo, DYL's are there for a reason, whether broken or worn it matters not, their intention is clear.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes, they are there for a reason and I'm not advising the OP parks on them. But in this case, no harm was done, and the OP asked for advice on whether he could appeal. Well, he can, so I gave him some pointers. But you're right in that he shouldn't have parked there.

.... You can stop ONLY to pick up someone or drop someone off but must not remain there.

?

generally, loading can also be allowed on double yellows depending on the markings/signs etc.