Faulty Single Bed

javafter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I bought a bed along with another £2000's worth of furniture from a major furniture retailer.

The bed is 9 months old so beyond the 6 month SOGA rule.

However it is clearly now not fit for purpose. The base has a massive slant. I've sent pictures to the retailer who have now referred it to the manufacturer.

I raised the fault on the 25th of February.

How long do they have to resolve the issue?

I contacted them on the 18th of March and they said the manufacturer still hadn't got back to them.

I'm dissapointed because I've spent a decent amount of money with them. Also if it was the tv cabinet etc i wouldn't mind waiting but with it being a bed someone has to sleep in it and it's not comfortable.

It has nothing to do with the manufacturer so far as you are concerned. It is entirely the responsibility of the supplier.

As you complained a month ago, and it is in respect of a bed, I think that you have waited quite long enough.

Which company is it? Are you trying to protect their reputation?

I think that you should write to them immediately, detail out exactly what has happened. Point out to them under the sale of goods act they are responsible and their problem with the manufacturer has got nothing to do with you.

Tell them that you want the matter rectified – which will probably mean a replacement bed and tell them that you wanted to happen within 14 days or else you will see them in the County Court and without further notice.

Only make this threat if you are prepared to go ahead. If not then you better dig in for a long wait.

If you are prepared to take it to the Small Claims Court then you will win – but better than that once they have the papers, they will start leaping into action and things will get done. You will get your court fee back.

Only write the letter if you're prepared to go ahead. While you're waiting for the 14 days start reading up on this forum about small claims and County Court procedure. It is very easy. You will be able to do it online. Although you will have to pay court fee in advance, you will get it back when you win. The chances of succeeding in a court claim will be better than 90%. The chances that they will put their hands up and sort the matter out once they have got the court papers are better than 80%.

Thanks that's really good advice.

I will do that today.

I' may name the company but at the moment I would just prefer them to resolve the issue without getting into a public argument.