• Tweets

• Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
    • The retailer has come under fire for an advert showing motorcyclists wearing trainers and doing wheelies.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Npower Scotland problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

Seriously dyslexic, I know this is an wrong place but I'm hoping somebody would be kind enough to move for me and my say thank you in advance to everyone for reading this. Microphone off

I have an ongoing dispute with npower and I need a little information on whether this is acceptable for a freedom of information request.

About five years ago I moved into a new property, rented took a dual fuels contract with them giving me a discount on both services.

Shortly into the contract I started having problems with mental health issues (ADHD, bipolar disorder among others) and I missed a few payments. They split the bills up, I now have letters with three different account numbers for each service, as well as some of the letters and bills, addressed to the owner/occupier rather than in my name.

In some of my clearer periods, I’ve attempted to clear this up with npower telephonically as well as through writing to no avail.

Telephonically I would call up explain who I was what had happened, they would take details ask me for meter readings as well as a meter identification numbers which I would supply. Consistently the response would be the same.

Npower: that doesn’t make sense, are you sure you have supplied the correct details.

Me: yes I have indeed would you like me to send photos.

Npower: yes please, if you could email them to me and then I will get back to you as soon I can.

I’ve been through this process several times and no one ever gets back to me, except for the debtors team or collections team whatever.

In one of my less clear moments, they managed to get an entry warrant because I wasn’t paying attention to my mail, when the bailiff served the warrant I showed him all my evidence. I also showed evidence of me trying to resolve the issue. He reported back to npower and went through the exact same procedures I had, the exact same results.

He chose not to enforce the warrant telling me that if he had seen the evidence prior to going to court he would not have.

He reported back to Npower that he was unable to fit the meter, he gave me great advice on how to block Npower from trying to enforce the warrant for the remaining six weeks of its validity.

I have also tried to resolve the issue through writing, where unfortunately we cannot seem to manage clear concise communication that brings out an end result.

They have accused me of tampering with the equipment which proved to be erroneous.

Somewhere in between April and June 2014 a service agent made entry taking photographs of all the equipment, he admitted that they had mismatching information and were in the process of resolving the issue in our stairwell….

I sent in a letter of complaint which started dealing with the issue but that broke down rather rapidly I'm still not too sure who or why (having had an accident in October 2013 to which I am now just recently fully recovered) but still seeking medical attention for related problems.

I do not believe this issue can be resolved without third party involvement.

The electricity accounts that they are preparing to take me to court to recover arrears (dated 2 March 2015 your outstanding balance notice of intention to apply for a warrant of entry and notice of intention to file a default on your credit file) is the account that they have had continuity of my name.

Ideally if we are going to court for something I want both fuels together, as the contract stated is dual fuel contract. And the serious breakdown in communication has always occurred when trying to resolve the identifiers with the gas account and equipment.

They have rewired our entire stairwell and can only presume that it is my flat is holding up as all the rest of the stairwells seem to have been wired up.

What I want from Npower to bring about final resolution:

1.) To return my fuels to a duel fuels contract with discounts applied for the preceding years.

2.) I believe that throughout this process I have also been put on higher fuel charges if this is so I want them returned to the contractually agreed prices.

3.) I want them to remove all the charges as well as interest charges that they have added to my account both manually as well as automatically(Call out charges, letter charges, the first warrant charges)

4.) And if we can agree on this then it’s a matter of compensation.

What I want from in Npower by way of freedom of information act:

1.) A full statement of accounts (asked for several times never provided).

2.) A copy of all letters sent to me in paper format. (ADHD, dyslexia, eye distress it easier for me to have all of our communication in a paper format so I can identify specific areas that I would like to dig deeper.) I believe there were changes made to my account at some point in the last 12 months, but I'm not sure exactly where or how. I have a lot of communication here but due to mental health issues I cannot be sure I have all of it, and in order to go court I need to be clear and concise.

3.) A copy of all communications in digital format (including all metadata, manual changes to my account, all call recordings)

4.) Basically anything to do with me, I want to know who they sent my personal information to under what circumstances and for what purpose.

Thread moved to correct forum - I am sure someone will pop in and advise as soon as they can :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If you are requiring data, then you will need to send a Subject Access Request - this will cost you £10.00 and they have 40 calendar days in which to provide this information.

Link to a draft request below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406188-DWP-Subject-Access-Request-From-(SAR)-**Updated-March-2014**

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Agree with citizenb about the SAR. FOI requests only apply to government departments, councils etc, not companies.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you very much for your help, it took me days to write that and a lot of stress but so well worth it for the information thank you. The hardest part for me really is reading to try and find a solution now that I finally overcome the problems with typing!

I hope you folks have an absolutely fantastic week. All the best.

:thumb:

Once you have all the data, let us know and we can advise what you need to be looking for :)

BCOBS

Thank you very much I will, citizenb would you mind if I emailed you a draft of the SAR for proofreading before I send it? I still have your email address from a previous communications if that is still!

There is no mystery and no great trick to an SAR.

Simply write to them. Head up your letter "statutory disclosure request"

And simply put "This is a statutory request for disclosure of all personal data which you hold on me pursuant to the Data Protection Act.

I require you to disclose all data which you hold on me including correspondence, telephone recordings, screen notes, memorandums, and any other data which you hold on me in any form whatsoever and in respect of any matter.

I enclose a statutory fee of £10 and you have 40 days to comply."

Put at least that – and add anything else you want. They will treat it just the same. They either won't comply or that only comply in part. The only time they will get a move on will be if you serve in court papers – and even then they seem to hand it to some paralegal of theirs call Kenneth Bradley Bradley Radley Madly whose quality of drafting as far as I've seen is extremely poor.

Npower seem to be incapable of running their business correctly whatever they are trying to do.

No doubt the execs are all enjoying huge bonuses and slapping each other on the back and oblivious to the mess that they are causing.

Thank you very much I will, citizenb would you mind if I emailed you a draft of the SAR for proofreading before I send it? I still have your email address from a previous communications if that is still!

As BF has advised, there is no requirement to provide a list of what you require - the request is for all data they hold on you.

:)

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

So update on this,

Got in contact with the citizens advice bureau who passed me onto the extra help unit. I pretty much sent the first post omitting the very last statement. Had a chat with the person at citizens advice, really frustrating with ADHD, was passed on to the extra help unit.

Dear Mr Dean,

Please find attached our complaints acknowledgement letter with more information on the Extra Help Unit.

Kind Regards,

I am going to be sending off the SAR request on Friday (financial restrictions) thank you so much for all your help folks.

Edited for clarity