Blind - communicating in braille only

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm partially sighted - getting worse - and cannot read printed material. I wish to communicate only in braille which I have been using for years. Can I request this from any DCA who approaches me and do they have to comply?

Thanks,

(dicated to and typed by a friend)

Very nice question. I think that they probably do. I think that you should notify them in writing and also to the original creditor as well.

Please let us know how it goes.

By the way, are you aware of the dictation software from Nuance – called NaturallySpeaking?

I use it a great deal and it is extremely useful and very effective. You can dictate a passage and then you can get it to read it back over to you to check that it has translated your speech correctly.

Click on this link-------> http://www.nuance.co.uk/for-individuals/by-product/dragon-for-pc/home-version/index.htm for the website to the software BF mentioned.

Yes they MUST send you correspondence in Braille, you just need to inform them, OR if the original creditor knew of your requirements prior to passing this account on to them, then they should have informed them, cause for a separate complaint if they didn't!

What is the debt?

Who is chasing you for it?

Have you checked your credit files?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!