DFS Leather Sofa Quality Issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read other posts here regarding DFS and we have problems on our DFS sofa and armchair also, they were under 12 months when this was first noted and we reported it to DFS who sent their surveyor around and he told us it needs to go via a insurance claim with the policy we took out with DFS and that we needed to do it ourselves as he could not get involved under the data protection act, he also said the cause should be explained to the insurance company as human bodily fluids.

I spoke with a girl in the DFS office who said that the peeling would be dealt with by the insurance company and the sofa repair would be rejected as a defect but not to worry as DFS will address that but in the meantime to add both to the insurance claim, obviously I am not happy with something that is clearly not up to standard, I purchased this model as it was sold as a thicker better quality leather (Supreme model) and was shown the difference on swatches in the store so did not mind paying the extra as my previous sofa lasted 16 years including shipping it to Turkey for our villa and having sweat etc from the heat and not a single problem with peeling or colour fading, so why after several months this is being put down to bodily fluid and not a manufacturing defect is a joke.

I have informed the insurance company I am not happy with the claim and they are sending their own assesor to double check. No doubt this will rumble on but interested to hear you are having the same issues and by the looks of photo exact same quality and colour issue! Will update when I know what is going on but will take it to court if need to as these are not cheap sofas and never heard of pigment colouring before nor was it mentioned of course when selling the item, purely about the superiour quality leather!

Edited by citizenB

Please read our customer services guide and follow the advice strictly. I suggest that you contact them again and try to get them to suggest once again that you should go through the insurance company. I expect that you don't have any evidence that they said this. However if you can get this recorded then you are home and dry.

In any event you are covered under the sale of goods act but for anybody to make a suggestion that you should go through an insurance policy when clearly the matter is the responsibility of the supply under the sale of goods act would raise very serious questions.

Also the suggestions that apparently had been made to you in respect of what you should explain to the insurance company are highly unacceptable.

You're quite right not to want to get involved in this kind of thing.

I suggest that your next step is to go out immediately, get some kind of recorder. Make sure that you now do use it. Get in touch with the company on the telephone and try to get it all down on the recording. Once you've done that come back here we will help you.

In any event, even if you do not manage to get the evidence you need, you are covered by the Sale of Goods Act. This means that the goods must remain in a satisfactory condition for a reasonable period of time and I would expect that there would be at least 6 to 10 years in the case of a sofa.

Your life will be much easier if you can get evidence of the conversations that you have told us about here. But whatever happens, come back and we will show you the way forward.

Thank you for information, I will certainly be recording future calls, it's a shame as the girl on the line was probably being told what to say and at the end of the day she would carry the can for it as well which is unfair. I will update to what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

As promised an update. I am pleased to say after contacting head office in writting, they arranged for the GM of my local store visited and has agreed to recover the sofa and armchair, the down side is this will be in 12 weeks time approx but they will give us a temporary sofa whilst doing so.