Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Yes she went back to them and asked them to remove the cancellation however the girl on the phone went to ask someone and came back and said she couldn’t.   Thing is they then tried to charge her £1000 to reinsure, I contacted a broker and got it down to £760, she went back to them and they miraculously could do it for £690!!  It feels like they are using this to fleece her, her previous ins was £300.   I will get her to write a complaint to them...do you know if there’s an insurance ombudsman she could contact?    I just feel it would have been fair fair to suspend the ins pending the court outcome!    Thankyou.
    • Hi,    Yes my daughter drove through a red light.   Yes her DVLA was still registered to her previous address at Uni hence them not being able to contact her hence the MS90.   This is her 1st car and she simply didn’t think to re register her car to our address she genuinely forgot!  However we left our forwarding address with the letting agent but the house was subsequently sold and the new owner used a different letting agency so communication was lost.   The courts enlisted the bailiffs and when the current tenant found her via Facebook she was genuinely mortified as she had no idea that she had broken this light.   She immediately rang the bailiffs and court who advised her to make The Statuary Declaration, whilst waiting for that date to arrive she thought she better ring the insurance company to explain what was happening thinking they may have to suspend her policy however they cancelled it on the spot she asked them not to but they just went ahead charging her £50 to do so.   At court after she explained what had happened the court dropped the MS90, and reduced the points and fine to what it would have been originally.   Going back to the insurance company they said they couldn’t remove the cancelled policy and it would show on her record for life and tried to charge her £1000 to reinsure!!  Previously it had been £300 as she had built up 2 years no claims.   I contacted a broker who said he could insure her for £760, she went back to her original insurance company, Admiral who then said they could now do it for £690!!  How can they suddenly do that sounds unscrupulous to me and that they are using this cancellation to now fleece her!!   She is a medical student and needs the car to get to the different places she is working on placement but can’t afford to pay this extortionate amount of money.  I would expect her policy to go up a bit but would say max £500 is proportionate?    I will I’ll get her to contact them Regards making a complaint in writing as you have suggested.   Thank you.    
    • I’m not sure who you mean by the OD and do you want me to see if the PDL is enforceable or not pay it at all?   And what should I do about the NatWest? Surly there’s a case getting it wiped if the charges came from them charging me for a PBA that I had told them to close and they said they had. Also am I paying the credit cards back in full or trying to get a reduced settlement?   Thanks Andrew 
    • Initial payments have already come in - we wouldn't have started otherwise. There's about £3,500 outstanding. The £800 was verbally agreed initially, but later correspondence from the customer shows that he's accepted the £800 for the extra work.
    • Each should send a cpr 31:14? Cant produce signed documents = no liability??
  • Our picks

John567

Trust Deed Scotland Ended

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1642 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi folks, just joined and looking for advice.

 

In January 2012 I entered into a 3 year trust deed.

 

 

After about a year I sustained a serious head injury and was left with brain damage which meant I could no longer work or afford the £200/month payments.

 

 

I contacted the company and they seemed very helpfull and agreed that while I was on benefits I would no longer need to make the payments.

 

Last summer I was contacted by them and they asked if I could have a letter from a medical professional

dealing with my case to confirm my injury was long term with a view to closing my trust deed early. which I arranged.

 

 

I called them at the end of January to inquire about what was happening and I was told that the creditors were being informed and the deed was moving to closure.

 

2 weeks ago I was contacted by a member of the company who seemed quite angry and told me I had to pay all the £200 installments.

 

 

I told him about my previous correspondence with his company and haven't heard from him since.

 

 

I am however concerned that I am still not in receipt of my letter of discharge.

 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you sure it was from a member of the company dealing with the trust deed who made contact with you ?

 

You need either to record any telephone calls, or write to them and ask what is happening.

 

I will ask others on the Site team to look in on your thread.


Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

 

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

 

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

 

 

BCOBS

 

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

 

 

 

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

 

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your reply CitizenB.

 

 

He did indicate he was from the company involved and appeared to have access to a file that recorded the contact last summer.

 

 

Before the conversation ended he said

 

 

"I may call back" which he never did.

 

 

Like I said,

 

 

I was advised that the deed was moving to closure in January but still no letter of discharge.

 

 

I wondered if anyone else in here had a similar experience.

 

 

I read somewhere that it could take 4-8 weeks for this process to be completed

 

 

so maybe I should call them end of March?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

Yes the closure process should take somewhere between 4 and 8 weeks, I would think your best course of action would be to contact your trustee again and get them to confirm what is happening with your case.


 
 

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

agree with Scott as most times your "trustee" should remain the same person for continuity however they do have a high staff turnover.

 

Send them an email to clarify the situation.

 

I take it with them looking at closure you do not own your own home?


Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

 

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...