Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I am a University Student looking to rent accommodation along with three other Students We found a four bedroomed flat and called the Letting Agent to say we were very interested We had a viewing and raised some questions We wanted to check if there was a break clause in the Lease The Letting Agent said we would need to pay a Holding Deposit whilst he waited for the Landlady to return from Holiday So we paid £750 split between the four of us to the Letting Agent We then received an email to say the Holding Deposit was non refundable References were then checked and the tenancy Agreement arrived which needed to be signed by each guarantor and tenant and send back the full signed agreement At this point we got to see the Tenancy Agreement for the first time and the break clause of 6 months was nowhere to be seen so this made us very nervous and we decided to pull out as we felt we didn’t want the risk of not being allowed to leave the property until a full year was up We emailed the Letting Agent who replied with the following: The holding deposit is not refundable as you are withdrawing from this deal. I will need a confirmation from Everyone that they are withdrawing and we will put the property back on the market.   The move in date is on the 4th Sept and the landlady is left with a very short time to find another tenant.    This will incur a lot of extra cost from both us as an agency and the landlady which we will try to recover. So, my question is are we eligible to get a refund of our Holding Deposit – bearing in mind we were not told we wouldn’t get it back until after we had paid it?
    • As for the rest @BankFodder please wait for my bullet points account and further uploads (I'm in the process of converting a lot of my files and screenshots to more condensed pdf thanks to reading one of your posts how to do this for free...but, it's taking time as I also have artritis in practically every bone in my body, as well as fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, which affects my hands, and I have a lot of redacting to do).   I appreciate your trying to get an angle on this and your keen to help me in the best you can but, if I keep getting sidetracked like this, it will be counterproductive and frustrating for both/all of us.   On my #13 I gave a link to your skeleton argument pdf because, I'd carefully researched the posts for days before joining (as well as looking at posts over the last 5 years), which btw needs a bit more redaction on p6 as it's showing [her] name. That could be my case to a 'T' except add in the years back to 2006/2007, particularly since I went on their computer system and was 'treated' to their 1st system migration, and all the others that have followed. Not sure about this person's status but, for me you can also add in the fact that they've: continually failed to put me on their PSR; lost my password more than once (the one call I managed to recall was December 2016 when he openely admitted he couldn't find a trace of my being on a password scheme and they now have two whenever the meter reader arrives...and yes, I've done an SAR to the distributor already because they've failed to keep them informed of my status, that's all in hand); continually ignored my medical status of being disabled and unable to read my own meter (I've repeatedly told them about this, btw) due to not only bone-on-bone arthritis in my right knee (diagnosed 2011) but also a crumbling spine (extensive arthrits) with a prolapsed disc and extensive nerve damage (eventually diagnosed 2014), which leaves me at risk of developing corda equina; continually ignored my vulnerability status; and excarrebated my MH/PTSD over the years with their continuing bullying and threats.        
    • Hi Everyone. With the deadline for claiming PPI coming up I thought I better make one last attempt. Couple of quick questions though.. 1. I tried claiming with RBS about 5 years ago and they rejected my claim. Is there any point trying again? 2. I was going to use a company as I'm getting bombarded with "last chance" emails, but I probably don't want to do that as I've always done my own thing. That said, if I make my "Find out if you had PPI" enquiry online, does that mean I'm in before the deadline, or do I actually have to make a complaint before the 29th Aug?   Many thanks for any advice/ help
    • Har dee har har! Thanks! Im 3k apart . I need help so they drop the 3 k. But you got that! kr escaped!
  • Our picks

John567

Trust Deed Scotland Ended

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1616 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi folks, just joined and looking for advice.

 

In January 2012 I entered into a 3 year trust deed.

 

 

After about a year I sustained a serious head injury and was left with brain damage which meant I could no longer work or afford the £200/month payments.

 

 

I contacted the company and they seemed very helpfull and agreed that while I was on benefits I would no longer need to make the payments.

 

Last summer I was contacted by them and they asked if I could have a letter from a medical professional

dealing with my case to confirm my injury was long term with a view to closing my trust deed early. which I arranged.

 

 

I called them at the end of January to inquire about what was happening and I was told that the creditors were being informed and the deed was moving to closure.

 

2 weeks ago I was contacted by a member of the company who seemed quite angry and told me I had to pay all the £200 installments.

 

 

I told him about my previous correspondence with his company and haven't heard from him since.

 

 

I am however concerned that I am still not in receipt of my letter of discharge.

 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you sure it was from a member of the company dealing with the trust deed who made contact with you ?

 

You need either to record any telephone calls, or write to them and ask what is happening.

 

I will ask others on the Site team to look in on your thread.


Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

 

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

 

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

 

 

BCOBS

 

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

 

 

 

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

 

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your reply CitizenB.

 

 

He did indicate he was from the company involved and appeared to have access to a file that recorded the contact last summer.

 

 

Before the conversation ended he said

 

 

"I may call back" which he never did.

 

 

Like I said,

 

 

I was advised that the deed was moving to closure in January but still no letter of discharge.

 

 

I wondered if anyone else in here had a similar experience.

 

 

I read somewhere that it could take 4-8 weeks for this process to be completed

 

 

so maybe I should call them end of March?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

Yes the closure process should take somewhere between 4 and 8 weeks, I would think your best course of action would be to contact your trustee again and get them to confirm what is happening with your case.


 
 

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

agree with Scott as most times your "trustee" should remain the same person for continuity however they do have a high staff turnover.

 

Send them an email to clarify the situation.

 

I take it with them looking at closure you do not own your own home?


Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

 

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...