My ex adviser at Ingeus put me on self employed and really messed me up

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes everyone my family has a lot of bad luck.

I never mentioned this before because I forgot.

About two years ago my adviser at Ingeus put me on self employed, because I found a leaflet job. Which I never went for because I didn't know how to do the self tax thing.

Last year I got a letter asking for £30, I phoned back up and said 'I am not self employed my adviser did this for me'. He said it was OK and everything would be sorted, well it wasn't.

Last week I receieved another letter now asking for £100, my dad said instead of phoning them we can send the letter attatched and I filled out the form, saying I hadn't worked in over 5 years and have been actively seeking work with the help of the Job Centre.

Two days ago I got another letter now asking for the £100 and no reply to my form.

I will call them and explain the situation, when I see my adviser at JC can I bring in the Self Tax letter asking for the money?

I don't know what to do, what happens if it's not solved?

Just to confirm - it is HMRC that is asking for the money, yes? And they say you owe it why, exactly? Is it tax they say you should have paid? Does the £100 include any penalty for failing to pay tax or failing to supply information they requested?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It is a late filling penalty for 13/14. It is addressed a week after I sent the form.

Hello there.

It sounds as if HMRC think you have some self-employed earnings. Why would they think that, do you think?

I think you need to ring the HMRC helpline and find out what they think they know about you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I don't have that letter any more. I filled out the form that came with the first letter and sent it nearly 2 weeks ago.

That makes it much harder for us to advise, unfortunately.

Surely you know that you need to keep correspondence? A couple of weeks isn't nearly long enough.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum