UK Credit card debt email address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good day,

Am a UK citizen but have been living in Australia for 2 years now.

Ive got a bit of debt in the UK with CC's and loans which I've been struggling to pay recently. Just spoken to PayPlan and they recommended I do a do if yourself dept plan.

They're sending over a pack to help me complete the letters to each company but what am chasing is any email address to send the letters to as postage from here is extremely shocking!

Companies am after are:

Barclays

Barclay Card

RBS

Tesco

Co-Op Bank

Any help is very much appreciated

Thanks Steve

Ok before setting up a dmp you need to know exactly where you stand. It might not be where you think you are.

If you were in the UK the following is a step by step list I would offer you. It does require 2 letters per creditor company. There may be a cheaper way for you to do so with a bit of creative thinking which I will come back to later.

For Each Debt list the followinfg

1) Original Owner of credit

2) Rough Amount

3) Type of debt : Credit card / Loan

4) Year of account opening. (If 2007 the month is needed)

5) Who owns the debt now. (Debt collector etc)

The first stage is to gather information to make sure debts are a) Enforceable, b) owed, c) balance contains any reclaimables such as PPI or unlawful charges.

1) Send to each comnpany a CCA request (Not for mobile phone debts or overdrafts)

2) To each COMPANY send off a Full Subject Access Request. (You will need to prove your identity. Esp as you reside outside the UK)

Once done, look for PPI and Unlawful charges (Credit cards) such as over limit fees and late payment charges.

The other thing is that the statute of limitations does not start ticking all the time you are making payments.

As for getting round airmail charges

Create the letters at home

Scan them in signed and email them to someone in the uk you trust to send recorded delivery. They can always email back a scanned copy of the proof of delivery and postage :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Yes postage is very expensive in Aus. I think I got charged $5 for sending a card next day delivery from Western Aus to Sydney. I would have thought that is was not very expensive to put an envelope on a plane, of which there are dozens on the route per day.

You will have to go to each of the Banks websites and search for email addresses. Mostly it will be a group email address and to make sure your email is passed on, you will need to state in block capitals at the top of your email which department it needs to be looked at by. There is no guarantee it will end up in the right department. Having worked for a Bank, they don't encourage communications via email.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Having a paper trail will be of immense assistance should anything ever go to court. Signed receipt by the company means they cannot deny receiving communications etc.

As I said, use someone in the UK to print the scanned copies and post for you.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Its not so much the cost of postage but the time it takes! About 3 weeks from the UK to here, it takes 2 weeks to come from over east....

Thanks for the post SabreSheep Ill look into it all this is new to me and most of it is going over my head..

No problem, ask for help as you need it, plenty of us will assist :)

Could anyone confirm that these are the correct address for the banks to send letters too?

Royal Bank of Scotland

36 ST ANDREW SQUARE

EDINBURGH

EH2 2YB

Barclays

1 Churchill Place,

London

E14 5HP

Barclay Card

Barclaycard House,

1234 Pavilion Drive,

Northampton,