How To Handle Parking Eye PArking Notcie Charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

im completely new to all this and not sure what to do with this notice

i recently visited a shopping complex not in my home town

never saw or noticed any parking signs or meters (any obvious ones) and

now i am expected to pay this fine £50 by 27th march or £85 thereafter

what should i do any advice would be much appreciated

im worried if i ignore it something bad will happen

:!::???::|

i am also the owner of the car my dad being the registered keeper so he received the letter

thanks in advance

The recorded keeper needs to appeal (though you can do it on his behalf if you like). Choose any reason that you like, it won't matter as ParkingLie will reject your appeal anyway.

But when they reject your appeal, you'll get a POPLA code from them, this gives you a second appeal to an independent(ish) body, and with that appeal you go to town listing all of the reasons why they should allow your appeal.

We'll help you with that when the time comes.

Don't name the driver at any point.

And don't worry, you'll probably end up paying them nothing.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Was this a windscreen ticket ?

If not then it was an ANPR job.

If it was an ANPR then the NTK must arrive within 14 days of the "offence".

So what date was the "offence" and what date did the NTK arrive ?

Okay thanks and What should i say in my appeal anything in particular?

Pretty much anything you like, they'll reject 99.9% of them anyway, it's the POPLA code that you really want. Try...

The driver tells me that the car was not parked for the length of time specified in your notice to keeper.

If you reject this appeal, please send me a valid and correctly issued POPLA code.

Was this a windscreen ticket ?

If not then it was an ANPR job.

If it was an ANPR then the NTK must arrive within 14 days of the "offence".

So what date was the "offence" and what date did the NTK arrive ?

Good point. My above assumes that ParkingLie got the NTK to you in time, they usually do though, it's the one thing they are good at.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Okay thanks il type the letter and put a squiggle for a signature at the end should i put my return address on it too sorry have no idea what i am doing!

Providing that you include the Parking charge reference number, they'll know the keepers details, that's all they need. You're not naming anyone as the driver remember.

Don't bother signing it (properly) just sign it... Registered Keeper. Keep 'em guessing wink.png

The Registered Keeper has received the parking charge notice.

So they appeal, denying any liability for the charge, and stating that they were not the driver at the time of the event.

And that they will not be naming the driver.

The RK should state that they expect the charge to be cancelled or a valid POPLA code to be issued.

The RK should just print their name.

So I should say

I am appealing this pcn..

I was not the driver of the vehicle and cannot name the driver please cancel this charge or provide me with a valid and correctly issued POPLA reference

Regards

Registered keeper

• 2 weeks later...
So I should say

I am appealing this pcn..

I was not the driver of the vehicle and cannot name the driver please cancel this charge or provide me with a valid and correctly issued POPLA reference

Regards

Registered keeper

So I sent the above letter and they sent another reminder saying it's now £85 should I re send my letter?

The recorded keeper needs to appeal (though you can do it on his behalf if you like). Choose any reason that you like, it won't matter as ParkingLie will reject your appeal anyway.

But when they reject your appeal, you'll get a POPLA code from them, this gives you a second appeal to an independent(ish) body, and with that appeal you go to town listing all of the reasons why they should allow your appeal.

We'll help you with that when the time comes.

Don't name the driver at any point.

And don't worry, you'll probably end up paying them nothing.

So i sent a letter which they ignored and Sent me a reminder notice? Any ideas what to do now? As they are asking £85 now?

they have 35 days to answer your appeal and that does not preclude them from wasting their money sending out pointless begging letters. After 35 days they lose the right to chase the keeper and must take the matter up with the driver at the time. You dont have to identify the driver, they do as they are the one claiming they have a contract with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

That image is a little too small. Can you upload as a pdf please.

What grounds did you appeal on and what response did POPLA give?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Threads merged for history

Regards

SS

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Oh thanks guys! im just trying to upload the letter so its larger

I said on my letter to them

To whom it concerns

I am appealing PCN ..../*****

Further to my first letter which has had no reply and your second notice of parking charge now £85,

I was not the driver of the vehicle but the driver has asked to cancel this charge or provide a valid

and correctly issued POPLA reference as there were no visible signs for parking charges

and the driver was on an out of town visit so does not know the area.

Regards

Registered keeper

just uploading the reply letter too

Appeal to popla using the normal appeal found all over the forum. They know they will lose which is why they deny your appeal. They want to try and make some money out of it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D