• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help required in reclaiming insurance from BAYV

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Could anyone help me I am in the process of trying to re claim insurances from bayv but can't find the spreadsheets, also it won't let me create my own thread, sorry I am new to this.

Here you go....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011(1-Viewing)-nbsp

I think the one you want is for credit card charges.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you,

any idea how I start a thread as

I sent them a SAR and I do not understand my agreements one bit,

I got 2 laptops at different times, then I learnt my lesson.

I pay weekly by direct debit,

I only have 371 or something left to pay but my total on the agreements for everything is £1,772.16 over 156 weeks

however on the customer overview form it says total pmnt which I am assuming means total payments

not sure if that is to date or what but it's amount is £2,532.41,

also the agreements they have sent me have no signatures on what so ever.

I have never been great with maths infact I will admit I am completly rubbish at it but none of this adds up.

so from the agreement how much each week is for the insurances should be listed.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well this is where I get confused even more as even though I sent them a SAR

they have not sent me all of my statements only a breif summery for the payments this year.

There is 3 agreements not sure why one says weekly insurance premium 1.86 per week another says 2.45per week.

then one for a full 220.00 plus interest of 162.00 for EPS this is the one at 2.45 per week

then on the 3rd one all sorted at 1.06 per week total price 220 + 131 interest

but then at the bottom it says total (EPS) Insurance Premium payable is £165.36

I can't make head nor tail of any of them

the interest rate on one is 27.00% per annum fixed and the APR is 55.40% on another it is 24.58% per annum fixed and 50.14 APR.

I am confused as hell

I have no idea what I am paying where to be honest

I can't understand any of these agreements.

oh my god I think I have just realised I am super thick

1.86PCW on one at ?? int rate

2.45PCW on another at ?? int rate

3.1.06PCW on 3rd at ??int rate

you need the weekly date you paid them.

start and en date for each agreement

shoud be easy

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I only have 2 items though

Why would I be paying 3 lots of insurance it does not make sense, I did get a letter of them late last year saying my payments have been lowered because something had finished, they did not say what had finished and for some reason they have not included any statements before the lower payments in the SAR just payments that have been made since my payments were lowered.

then ask them for all the statements

dx

and they

I have but surely they should of sent them with the SAR. I have attempted to fill in this spreadsheet I think I have done it all wrong could anyone have a look and see for me pleas? I think I have worked out what I am paying monthly on insurance oh well I can't post it as I don't have enough posts

hope this works

COMPOUND INTEREST CALCULATORPERSONAL DETAILSCLAIM CALCULATIONClaimant Name:Total of Charges£382.20Lender Name:Buy As You ViewCompound Interest£752.08Account Number:Claim From:14/07/2012Claim To:18/03/2015Total£1,134.28Interest Rate (APR):50.14%Date of

ChargeDescriptionAmount of

ChargeNumber of

Days ElapsedCompound

Interest14/07/201217 Inch Laptop£382.20977£752.0815 Inch Laptop

I have took my personal details out but does this look about right, I have worked out that the 3rd agreement is for the EPS only therefore have just gone of that one for the APR

Caroline, it sounds to me as though they haven't fulfilled their obligation to provide you with a full payment history within your SAR. Just ask them to provide ALL statements.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

you can attach your spreadsheet via the go advanced button bottom right of these msg boxes

then select manage attachment

dx

and they

'require' maybe but it is NOT compulsory.

matters not what is written in their T&C's

there is NO legal requirement to have any insurance on HP goods.

dx

and they

I have looked over the terms and conditions and

I can't see anywhere that states it is even required,

I have emailed them this morning to let them know that I now plan on putting together a complaint to the FOS as I still believe it was missold,

the best thing is they keep ringing me and asking if I would like to take out more products,

I only work part time but I would rather go hungry for an entire month and buy what I need than to line their pockets with another penny of my hard earned cash. I certainly learnt my lesson.

I received my full statements from bayv, and have noticed something funny about it,

I moved to direct debit in early January 2013 after making a complaint against a rep,

now the direct debit used to be around 17 or 18 pounds per week.

Late last year 2014 I received a letter saying an item had been settled and my payments were being reduced to just under 14 pounds.

However according to the statements I have been paying just under 14 pounds since I started direct debit.

I emailed and got this response back

Dear Miss........

The amount stated within the statement is not inclusive of the EPS cover.

Once those payments are added in the weekly payment does relate to what you were paying.

All of the account numbers are also listed within the letter that was sent out that you have received.

Are you able to confirm what items are missing from the Subject Access Request that you have placed?

Apart from the email that you have previously noted?

Kind Regards,

Rachel

Rachel Thomas

Customer Experience Manager

Ok can anyone help me here,

Elaine mockler stated in an earlier email to myself that I was not paying for optional all sorted insurance,

now today Rachel Thomas has stated that I am paying this and it is optional and I can cancel anytime, I shall attach the emails.

Where do I now stand with this as I did not even know I had this added to my account?

I did not know i was paying for it,

I certainly did not request it or ask for it?

is this not fraud?

The HP agreements I was sent in the SAR do not have any signatures on at all.

below are the emails sent between myself and Rachel today.

Is an email not classed as in writing,

and why are you ignoring the fact that this has been put on my accounts in the first place without my knowledge is this not fraud???

I did not request it neither did I want it,

I asked you is it common practice for your staff to just add items to a customer’s account,

I am telling you now in writing in this email that I DO NOT want this insurance I not only wish to cancel it

but I wish for all payments to be refunded with interest as it was missold

in fact it was not even sold it was just added without permission pretty sure this is unlawful.

The agreements you have sent me do not even have any signatures on.

I have attached a spread sheet to the previous email with my claim.

Which as of Friday 27th of will be being sent to the FSCS and the FOS with a complaint.

The fact your company has added items to my account without my permission in the first place is a complaint

I shall be taking to bbc Watch dog, and my local trading standards.

Regards

Dear Miss ....

All sorted is optional cover as we have stated, as per the Terms and Conditions of the Agreement

which you have been provided with True Copies the All Sorted is stated on there, and cancellation of this is requested in writing.

Kind Regards,

Rachel

Rachel Thomas

Sent: 24 March 2015 11:30

To: customer.services

Subject: RE: cis sheet.xls

Importance: High

after going through all of the statements the summary of payments according to your account codes and the statements you have sent me

I have paid in total £451.48 towards all sorted cover this is according to the details you sent me in the summary of all accounts,

this is not EPS it is all sorted the insurance you state in your letter to me dated 19th March 2015 is optional.

Therefore with this I am attaching the new spread sheet I plan on including in my complaints to the FOS

and the FSCS along with copies of all letters you have sent me especially the ones stating the amounts

I have paid to account numbers A446132 and A381864 which and I quote you

A381864 – All Sorted cover for the Samsung 17” laptop. Account opened in June 2011 and settled in full in August 2014

A446132 – All Sorted cover for the Toshiba 15” laptop. Account opened in July 2012 and has a current balance of £63.34.

Are both in fact all sorted cover not EPS cover a separate complaint will be made for that one.

The letter you sent me on the 19th March states as follows:

All Sorted Cover

A warranty known as ‘All Sorted’ can be purchased by customers if they so choose. (which I did not)

A leaflet and dedicated website is available for more details on this and a leaflet has been attached for yours attention.

In summary, All Sorted gives you unlimited repairs, loan products (subject to availability),

no call out charges as well as a number of other benefits.

The payments are spread over the term to correspond with the agreement for minimal payments. All sorted is optional

Again I shall point out that I did not request this, I do not want it, never asked for it neither do I need it!

Sent: 24 March 2015 09:25

To: .......

Dear Miss .....

Did you receive a reply from the emails that you sent to us?

Kind Regards,

Rachel

Rachel Thomas

Sent: 24 March 2015 09:23

Just the emails now.

Sent: 24 March 2015 09:21

To: .....(

Dear Miss ...

The amount stated within the statement is not inclusive of the EPS cover.

Once those payments are added in the weekly payment does relate to what you were paying.

All of the account numbers are also listed within the letter that was sent out that you have received.

Are you able to confirm what items are missing from the Subject Access Request that you have placed? Apart from the email that you have previously noted?

Kind Regards,

Rachel

Rachel Thomas

Sent: 24 March 2015 09:14

I do apologise it is a full statement, although there is still items missing from the SAR.

But I have also noticed that according to this statement I have been paying 13.81 weekly from 2013 according to this.

I shall be now requesting my bank statements from my bank as up until Late 2014 I was paying almost £17 per week.

Something does not add up here.

Sent: 24 March 2015 08:47

To: .....

Dear Miss .....

The statement that you have received lists all payments made on your account since it started in June 2011. The account numbers are as follows:

DA92195 – Samsung 17” laptop, account opened June 2011 and closed in July 2012 and refinanced with your Toshiba 15” laptop.

PA92195 – EPS cover for the Samsung 17” laptop. Account opened in June 2011 and closed in December 2012

A381864 – All Sorted cover for the Samsung 17” laptop. Account opened in June 2011 and settled in full in August 2014

DB76269 – Toshiba 15” laptop. Account refinanced with the Samsung 17” laptop and opened in July 2012 and currently has a balance of £294.84.

PB76269 – EPS cover for the Toshiba 15” laptop, Account opened in July 2012 but closed in December 2012

A446132 – All Sorted cover for the Toshiba 15” laptop. Account opened in July 2012 and has a current balance of £63.34.

You state in your previous email that you made a complaint via email in January 2013, from what email address did you send the email?

Kind Regards,

Rachel

Rachel Thomas

Sent: 23 March 2015 12:51

To: CSTeamLeaders; Elaine Mockler; Customer Services Management Team

Importance: High

With reference to the statements I received at the weekend, can someone please explain to me why I have 6 account numbers and only 2 items?

The account numbers on the payment summary of all accounts are as follows:

DA92195

DB76269

A381864

A446132

PA92195

PB76269

What are all of these?

Regards

Miss

bayv, perfect homes, they all do the same to everyone.

they charge it because you and everyone else did not ead the small print

if it wasn't for these insurances the businesses would have gone bust within a matter of months

its well known it was part of their business model from day one

and they

I did read the terms and conditions and nowhere does it even mention any of these insurances,

I scoured my copy over and over wondering if I was just going blind

( I have a toddler that refuses to sleep more than 2hours a night, I am not even sure what day it is lol)

is anybody aware of any successful claims against Bayv,

I have seen alot of posts about people trying to reclaim but none stating that they got any money back?

I have given them until friday to respond and then I am lodging my complaint with the FSCS.

Wondering if I will be just wasting my time?

• 3 weeks later...

and they

FSCS? you mean the FOS?

dx

and they