Jump to content

Wonga compensation offer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi all, i usually read the forums but dont post but i got a letter you might all be interested in this morning, i have received a letter from Wonga this morning re: historical debt collection practice. I have had the usual "you were affected" emails ect but this one actually offers compensation and refund. Its a low offer of £56 pound but they are also enclosing forms to request an individual assessment where they are asking what difficulty you incurred ect because of this, evidence of other loans i had to get out due to pay them back. I was at one point in deep to payday lenders and have in majority paid them back (one still on my dmp) so was wondering if you guys think i should accept the offer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi, Does anyone have a letter template can I send to these monsters....I have used them easily 20 times over the years...taking more loans to pay them back etc

45k Debt - June 2016

35k Debt - May 2018

24k Debt - April 2020


The battle is slow but I will win the war

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I have waited patiently for my offer but have still heard nothing. All contact details are up to date, I emailed them a few weeks ago asking what was happening and they said red castle was going to remove my account from my credit report within 60 days. Why this should take Two Months I'm not sure, but still no mention of any compensation, even the £50 for the threatening letters. Not sure what I can do, the website says should be contacted by April, well.. its been and gone. Wondered I anyone else was still waiting for their offer?

Link to post
Share on other sites

My offer was for £50 which was for the fake solicitors letters, which I have accepted, I would have gone for more but I've decided to draw a firm line under them, besides my current circumstances are varying so if I did go for more I might end up missing a 'deadline' to get paperwork in.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...