Arnold clark 14 day money back guarantee?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm after some advice

I purchased a car from Arnold Clark on the 05/03/15 to which I left a deposit as it needed some work done before I paid the balance

I've had nothing but trouble since I picked the car up on Friday

What I need to know is ,is the 14 day money back guarantee start from the 05/03/15? When I signed the paperwork or does it start from 13/03/15 when I picked the car up

Thanks

I think that it is safe to argue that it is from the date that the contract was completed - which is when the car was collected.

I think that it is safe to argue that it is from the date that the contract was completed - which is when the car was collected.

Thanks

Just to let anyone know Arnold Clark has just been on the phone and I'm getting my money back well in the form of a cheque

What happens about the tax I've just paid for the car? Do I get that refunded or do Arnold Clark? I paid them £112

• 1 month later...

We bought a used car in march from Arnold Clark which came with a 60 day warranty

and were told by 2 salesmen that we could purchase either a 1 or 2 year autocare warranty

just before the 60 day one runs out

We emailed the branch where purchased and they're now saying as it is classed as a value range car

ie: Under £5000 we can only purchase a 4 or 10 month value warranty

which costs £275 for 4 months or £500 for 10 months

Where do we stand on this?

Because we were told at the time of purchase we could purchase a 1 year warranty £325 or 2 year £475 so we have been misold information

We need to get it sorted before the 60 day warranty runs out

Do they have to honour what they told us?

As by rights I think they should as we wouldn't have bought the car had we known about the other warranty

Thanks

cancel the stupid warranty

you don't need it

SOGA and sale & supply of goods act cover you for 6yrs & for free

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You will be wasting your money if you purchase this warranty. If you think about it, parts are billions to one unlikely to fail unless they are worn and that is what would happen with any claim you made, 'sorry, claim rejected, wear and tear'.

Think yourself lucky that you've just been saved up to £500.

If you get a problem, then you have legislation to help you. The Sale of Goods Act and the Sale of Goods and Services to Consumers.

The Sale of Goods Act is being amended in October giving consumers massive extra rights and as the worst offenders are the car trade, they must be really worried about it.

Put your £500 away in a pot towards normal maintenance.