assualt by a delivery driver

mummy38
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was assaulted by an Argos delivery driver on Saturday who was delivering my homebase order.

The matter is being dealt with by the police but no one from homebase is contacting me and customerservice are not being allowed give the phone numbers of the relevant departmen.

I have a cracked rib as a result and I'm in a lot of pain. I just want to speak with someone who can take action on this.

Do any of you know who I can contact or what I should do

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you would need to be in touch with someone at their Head office. Although if the police are dealing with it, they might have been advised by their legal team NOT to speak to you.

Perhaps a letter / email to their Head office.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If its part of an ongoing investigation, they will NOT speak to you or give you any info. You have to wait for the police to conclude their investigation first before you can take a private one.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi

I never thought that Argos did deliveries for Homebase however these are the two email details I have but they may be out of date.

[email protected]

[email protected]

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=b-9019

There seems to be some information on the link above.

ceo email address appears to be..

[email protected] (no spaces)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You will not get a response while the Police are investigating this. They will not be allowed to.

All you can do is write to the Head Office of Argos to inform them of what happened and that the Police are investigating. They may not know of this, as the delivery company may not be part of the Argos group, but an outside company who does the work on their behalf.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Oops.. silverfox beat me to it :lol:

BCOBS

Oops.. silverfox beat me to it :lol:

Yes the complaint needs to be made writing to the company you had the order with.

Did not realise that there was any connection between Argos and Homebase.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It doesn't matter who was the driver as he was acting on behalf of Homebase so IMO they are ultimately responsible for taking action against the driver alongside the police.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I can't say anything caus of the police actions but i have now had contact through the email addresses provided

Fair enough, though once this is resolved, could you please update the thread :)

BCOBS

It doesn't matter who was the driver as he was acting on behalf of Homebase so IMO they are ultimately responsible for taking action against the driver alongside the police.

wld think any civil remedy wld be against the driver and/or dhl. dhl not being part of retail group. their contract wld likely ensure that it doesnt include any such liability. though commercially it shld have an effect on their relationship re current/future contracts. and dhl being responsible for any internal action against the driver.

and, as has been asked, what though did actually happen. though obviously cant be answered atm.

Make sure you do not sign any confidentiality clause if you settle outside of criminal action. They WILL try and push it on you to make themselves look good.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

What an awful experience to have happened to you. A cracked rib is very painful & I do hope you are feeling much better soon.

I would suggest you do make sure your injuries are documented by your GP & the Hospital (I'm assuming you have been).

As you may be in need of this, for any claim you may make against the Driver in the future.

Sending you get well hugz!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

I heard from the police this evening and he has denied and it's my word against his so there is very little that can be done so here is my story.

I placed an order and it was arranged to be going upstairs.

1st delivery didn't turn up

2nd delivery the guy appeared to be delivering kerbside

I queried, and told him that it was no good. I had arrangements with the office. and he started with h&s. There were queries and I was told by office that if product didn't fit the room that they would take it away.

I got annoyed due to previous arrangements and went in to get phone to call office. I came out and delivery guys were leaving

I called after them said where the hell are ye going I'm ringing the office

Older guy shouts at me " you can't fu****g tell me what to do, your not myfu***ng wife.

There is a 50m walk to van and I stupidly followed them ask d a no of times to return the delivery as I was phoning office and I was ignored

I photographed van reg and tried to photograph him as he hit my mobile out of my hands, I have a pic of this.

I advised I was calling either phone or police, I called 999 as he put my delivery in the back of the van.

He got into the van as I was talking to 999 and I asked them to speak with driver , as far as I was concerned my delivery could be being stolen as him taking it was illogical

I'm tiny, 4ft 11 and here was my mistake, I opened the van door and stood on the step to hand him the phone. He pushed me out of the van with such force he cracked a rib in my chest.

That's my story, cops could hear everything and can't see the assualt. I should have videoed not photographed with my Mobile :(

The 999 call would have been recorded. Plus, you have a pic of him hitting mobile out of your hands?

Maybe he did not like being recorded, but he is in a public area and you can legally record him.

Do you have any witnesses to this assault? Neighbours?

So due to health and safety, he was unable to deliver? seems fair.

Due to him not delivering, you got agressive with them "where the hell you going" etc, so he told you your not his wife and put the order back on the truck. seems fair, he is not there to be spoken to like that.

In all honesty, most people having a camera shoved in their face wont like that either and if you are recording so close that you are in his pesonal space he may well be entitled to lash out in defence.

Being a tiny women is no defence for climbing into the cab with a the delivery driver. he probably had no idea what you were doing and rightly pushed you out of his personal space. You may find that you have caused the injury to yourself in this instance.

That said, its just my outside view looking in and could be way off the mark.

I do hope you are ok and heal soon. I have once broke a rib and hope i dont get it again.

Unfortunately as it was the drivers side it was hidden, the 999 call has me recorded clearly asking him to speak to the police to tell them what he was doing.

He got aggressive first swearing at me, I should have said this was in front of my 6 yr old.

I was expecting this to be delivered as per the arrangementade and promised at the time of ordering.

I had gone into the house to get my phone to ring homebase to try and establish why the delivery was being dropped kerbside

He did not wait to allow me to ring

He did not tell me he was leaving or give me a reason why he was leaving

Deliverys are tracked via the van and a tracking device. The delivery was in excess of 300, he could have been stealing it for all I know.

My husband had also worked for them as a temp and I know and I am aware of their delivery requirements/ protocol