UKPC parking ticket Scotland residents only area

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a partking charge ticket on my car from UKPC for parking at the front of a friends flat,

the ticket states the ticket is issued for "parking in a permit area without displaying a valid permit".

it also shows that the issues time of the ticket was 13:54 and that the vehicle was first seen there at 13:47

- i don;t believe this is a reasonable amount of time to wait before issuing the ticket.

I was going to write to them to explain that i had just been visiting a resident of the building

but having read other threads on here i think i should just ignore this ticket but just wanted to double check, any advice is appreciated.

Correct. In England & Wales they now have a somewhat tenuous right to pursue the registered keeper if they decide to keep schtum about the identity of the driver, but the relevant piece of legislation doesn't apply North of the border.

Doesn't stop the parking companies from trying it on though.

• 4 months later...

Presuming that you've not told them who the driver was, and that Mystic Meg doesn't work for UKPC, you're quite safe to carry on ignoring them. There's not a damn thing that they can do to the vehicle keeper in Scotland, and they know it.

So, if they want to carry on bothering the Royal Mail to deliver waste paper, let them tongue.png

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

debt collection agencies have no rights or powers whatsoever. You are safer ignoring them than anyone else in the world. Continue as you are and if they write again just remember, they are another desk in the parking company office and are wasting their time and money sending out pointless letters.