performence measurement visit DWP?

clairly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive had a letter notifying me of a visit in just over a week, from a lady who wants to check im getting the correct housing benefit. Has anyone had a visit like this? i've never had one before, she wants to see my documents and ID.

I claim housing benefit, CT reduction working tax and child tax credit.Her number and name is on the letter, including landline and mobile. The letter said its a random check.How many bank statements are they likely to need? im online for banking.

Any experiences please of this type of visit?

Hello there.

From what I've read here, the visit is what it says, to check that you're getting what you're entitled to. I think the performance measurement is about whether the DWP are getting it right, not that they're checking up on you. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thankyou, i was just confused with it being from DWP as i don't claim anything from them, i always thought local authority dealt with housing benefit. Thanks for the speedy reply, it just worried me as its a first, i've never had a visit of this sort.

Local Authorities administer the Housing Benefit on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions.

The DWP performance team travel around the country and choosea random selection of cases for each LA and carry out a home visit and benefit review.

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

I also have to go into the local council this thursday for an appointment to review my housing benefit. The letter asked me to ring for a mutually convenient appointment. When i rang they asked me could i come in on thursday, i don't need to bring anything, but that they're obliged to review claims every so often. Its an ongoing claim but i did start work 5 months ago, previously i was on JSA. I assumed they got their information from DWP back then, and this is a review to see nothing has changed since i started work, im wondering if it is all connected?

The dwp performence measurement visit, pus a housing benefit review?

Its an ongoing claim but i did start work 5 months ago, previously i was on JSA. I assumed they got their information from DWP back then

General rule: Never assume the DWP and the L.A. communicate with each other when it is to your advantage (the same for HMRC).

If you have had a "change of circumstances", it is your responsibility to notify each body separately, preferably in writing and within a reasonable time. Now, a question: Did the L.A. change the amount of H.B. that they were paying after you started working ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Hi Mr P , yes they assesed it based on 5 wage slips or 6 i get paid weekly, i pay a small amount towards my rent now. I only work 16 hours. It changed but not massively, i just pay a small portion.

OK, that is good news. It indicates that they are just doing a routine check and there is nothing to be alarmed about.

I'd suggest taking a few bank statements & wage slips with you to this appointment, even if they haven't asked for them. You will then have the information to hand if it is needed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thankyou, the lady i spoke to to discuss and make the appointment did say they are obliged to review every so often.I just found it odd the letter from L.A came at the same time as the one from DWP Performance measurement. Its almost as if they got wind of me having a review, the timing just seems odd.

if i was cynical, i might think they know the DWP have selected your case for a review, so they are inviting you in to make sure your award is correct, so the DWP can't find any errors in your award, lol

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought i would come back and update to maybe help others who are unsure of this type of visit.

The lady came this morning, was very polite. She explained the purpose of the visit was that although Housing benefit is paid by local authority, the DWP supply the funds, and so they need to audit the councils paying your HB from time to time.

She said claims are picked at random every 4 weeks, and also they travel around to do this throughout the country.

She had 7 reviews to do in my area today. She was very open.

She first asked me for 2 forms of Id, then something to confirm my childrens DOB'S so i gave her Birth certificates. She went through my housing benefit award, payslips, 2 bank statements, a tenency agreement to check when i moved in, asked about savings but said as long as i stay under£6,000 i was ok. She went through a series of questions that are on your original benefit claim, to compare that it all adds up.

I signed the paper and she left saying i wouldnt hear anything as its all correct.

I didn't feel uncomfortable at all, even had a bit of a laugh with her, she said her old mum used to hide all her savings under the bed.:-)

I know some people are unsure of this type of visit, but the lady was fine. its just checks your payments are correct for your circumstances. I hope this helps someone.