Delay in getting default removed

Ferru123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last year, I contacted Lloyds Bank about a couple of defaults which are still showing on my credit file,

but which I felt should had been entered years before they were

(and which should have by now disappeared as a result).

In December last year, Lloyds wrote back to me to tell me that:

'The accounts should have been defaulted in October 2004

and I have contacted the relevant department to ensure your credit file reflects this

and that the information recorded is accurate'.

Imagine my surprise, then, when I obtained my credit file in February and discovered the information hadn't been amended! :mad2:

I contacted Equifax to challenge the incorrect info, quoting the letter sent to me in December.

I didn't expect Lloyds to take my word that the information was wrong,

but I hoped that they'd trust their own customer service department!

Sadly, it was not to be. Equifax told me that Lloyds had said I would need to speak with their customer services department. :!:

I've since spoken to customer services, who told me (a month ago), that my account was in the process of being returned from 1st Credit Ltd

(even though they'd emailed me on 26th Jan to say that 'Your account has now been returned to Lloyds').

She said that she couldn't simply arrange for Experian and Equifax to be instructed to amend my credit file

- apparently, there were procedures that needed to be followed that took time,

and my account would need to be returned from 1st Credit Ltd in the first instance.

The other day, I contacted my case handler again, but she told me that my case was still in progress,

but couldn't give me a timescale as to when it would finally be resolved.

My question to the forum is this:

Do banks need to follow procedures lasting weeks or months to return a debt to the bank's management

and to have a credit file amended, or are they messing me about?

Thanks

Jeff

They are messing you around. You need to cease talking to these people on the telephone and make a formal complaint - in writing, to their Head/Registered office.

Send the letter by recorded or special delivery and insist they resolve this immediately.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

and if the default was wrong then seek compo for the months it should not have been showing

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks guys.

How much compensation would I be looking at for the bank's mistake (bearing in mind that I was turned down for a job with a bank last summer because of my credit history, and would have been accepted had Lloyds defaulted me in 2004 when they were supposed to have done)?

Jeff

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?420961-Richard-Durkin-wins-Supreme-Court-appeal---beware-lenders

It might be worth you having a read of the link above. Also, please don't do anything until others have popped in to advise.

You will need to prove any losses you might have incurred so if you have proof of being denied employment because of the default or other credit then you should start keeping a file.

Take screenshots of your credit file, etc.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D