Parking 'fine' issued for 4 minute stay. Car is noted down as the wrong colour, can we

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Asking for advice from my Dad.

In a local town there is an old pub which has been converted into a shop.

On the same plot of land they have built a small Tesco and KFC.

Down the side of the pub is free parking for those shops

however out the back of the pub is a big car park where you have to pay to park.

My Dad parked in that part for four minutes and has received an £85 fine reduced to £50 if he pays promptly.

In hindsight he does remember that there was a pay and display sign in this part

but I think got confused between the free and paid part.

On the ticket they have the colour of his car wrong.

I'm not trying to flout a system but he is a pensioner and every penny counts.

Can he appeal anything?

It's probably not a "fine", and you/your dad probably won't have to pay anything at all, but just to be absolutely certain... Can you give us the name of the company.

Also...

The date that the parking took place, and was this a ticket on the windscreen or something that's been received through the post.

If it's the latter, the date that that letter was received.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Hi

Just to be sure of where he stands, ensure the ticket says Parking Charge Notice. These are issued on private land and are not a fine, just an invoice however, I was under the impression that these 'companies had to give a grace period to allow the driver to ensure he understands the rules of the car park. This does not seem to have happened in this case. 4 minutes, pathetic.

Can you name the company please.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

Just to be sure of where he stands, ensure the ticket says Parking Charge Notice. These are issued on private land and are not a fine, just an invoice however, I was under the impression that these 'companies had to give a grace period to allow the driver to ensure he understands the rules of the car park. This does not seem to have happened in this case. 4 minutes, pathetic.

Can you name the company please.

Sorry I didn't have more info earlier. I've just checked its LPS Ltd. It was a yellow plastic envelope thing stuck to his windscreen. Dated the evening of 10/03. As I say it lists the colour of the car as Gold, when it's nothing like gold so that's a bit odd too. The reason code said 0002: Parking without displaying a valid ticket.

OK, LPS.. London Parking Solutions or Local Parking Security. I know that sounds like a daft question, but they're members of different cowboy clubs, so the response could be different depending on which boys club they're members of.

For now though (either way) do absolutely nothing. You (or your Father) need to wait for something to come through the post. 99% of the time you do not want to name the driver to these clowns.

But if you could let us know which LPS we're talking about, that'll be a start.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

LPS are a private parking company and as such, you should ignore the windscreen ticket and wait for the Notice to Keeper to arrive. This should be between 29 and 56 days after the alleged offence. That is the time to appeal as the owner without naming the driver, Highly likely the appeal will be rejected and if so they must give you a POPLA code where you can then take it to final appeal.

Don't stress over this invoice, it isn't a fine and nor is it lawful. Even if you lost the POPLA appeal, LPS would have to take you to court to enforce the invoice and of course, there is no guarantee they will win.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

The POPLA code will depend on which LPS we're talking about Foxy... With one you'll get a POPLA code, and with the other, you won't. Which is why I asked.

OK, LPS.. London Parking Solutions or Local Parking Security. I know that sounds like a daft question, but they're members of different cowboy clubs, so the response could be different depending on which boys club they're members of.

For now though (either way) do absolutely nothing. You (or your Father) need to wait for something to come through the post. 99% of the time you do not want to name the driver to these clowns.

But if you could let us know which LPS we're talking about, that'll be a start.

local Parking Security

No problem then. Sit tight and wait for the Notice to Keeper (NTK) to come through the post (timescales as per silverfox's post). When that arrives then you can appeal it, which they'll more than likely reject, but then they have to issue you with a POPLA code, which costs them £27 (plus the £2.50 they'll have to spend at the DVLA to get the recorded keepers address). And then you beat them at POPLA.

Should be a nice easy win :)