halifax reduced offer

oldme
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i had a mortgage offer from the halifax,

3 weeks before my rate expired i had to change lawyer.

Now there was a problem with halifax finding my current rate on their system as it is due to expire 31 march,

they have found a similar rate but this triggered a whole new application.

Resulting in now being offered £10k less than before.

..they haven't advised why.

.i have no adverse credit

only thing i can think of is I had to add just over 2000 on my credit card.

I need help or advise on what to do,

i can't afford a higher deposit to cover the lower offer.

We were about to complete waa only waiting on my paperwork being reissued

Yes i have the offer in writing, that ends in june, but the interest rate that was selected runs out in 31st March. I was told on the Phone that if i had to change the rate it would be automatic not re scoring etc. But as they for some reason couldnt find my original rate they had to rebuild my offer this somehow triggering a new offer.. im really desperate now and gutted

Had to get paperwork reissued due to change of lawyer, but that was requested 3 weeks ago and i had been chasing up until friday to be told this

Edited by oldme

As far as I am aware the first offer is binding as long as you didn't ask for any change to the terms and conditions (I wouldn't consider a change of lawyer as a change to the terms and conditions). You need to escalate a complaint to a higher level (could you visit the branch and speak to the manager?) and demand that the original offer is honoured. Make it quite clear that the revised offer is not acceptable and you can't complete the purchase with the lesser amount offered. Also mention that if you have to walk out the door without the original offer being honoured, you will hold them responsible for any financial loss you suffer.

I haven't received any formal notification advising of the reduced offer i only know as i had to phone them, i received a new illustration with the orignal amount.

I wasn't told a new application had to me made only amending detaills, i am using a broker so they have to deal with it.

I can afford to now pay back most of what i spent taking me down or slightly below my original amount I owed, do you think this would make a difference as i think its my affordability that has changed