Cabot letter RE HSBC Loan

brokentechie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

why is it resetting SB?

where are you getting all these silly notions from?

seems like you've been reading elsewhere 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DX no I have not been reading anything since 2016 when I last posted here - I have had no reason to!

Is it not a logical leap that if I send the SB letter that is an acknowledgement of the debt, which therefore "resets the clock"?

Loan  was dated 2003 on my Experian credit file (now gone) Loan CCA dated 2009, however this may have been a consolidation loan hence the disparity between my credit file and docs Cabot sent me almost 9 months after my CCA request in March 2015, I defaulted in 2010, no NOA, Default Notice etc and  no payment made since 2011, no contact from Cabot until 2015 , CCA request, radio silence then from Cabot until 2016, ignored them following discussion here and then no contact until last week.

What I'm worried about is that in the CCA request or sending the SB letter can be seen as an acknowledgement of the debt.

Because of the different ref numbers from Cabot I am worried, along with the different amounts claimed as owing.

Nothing is showing on my credit file, Noddle or Clear score and my Credit Expert score is 990+

If I can send the SB letter with absolutely no chance of triggering a court case then I'll do it - reading other threads re: Cabot and Ruthbridge, common advice is to just bin the letters hence my confusion as best course of action.

I am not being obtuse or pig-headed and I believe this should have been SB in 2016/17 latest.

once a debt is sb'd nothing can reset that, not even a judge.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no payment or the defaulted date+14 days whichever is the more recent.

dx

and they

I received a further letter and a phone call from Ruthbridge yesterday offering a 70% discount and through a lot of waffle go on to say verbatim (I hung up the phone without admitting who I am):

"If you fail to contact us... we may return the account to our client (cabot?) who may look at alternative activity"

I'm guessing they know it's SB then as there is no reference to court, however they do state that the credit reference agencies will be updated to reflect "partially settled" should I take advantage of their offer - there is no HSBC/Cabot/Ruthbridge account showing on any of my credit reports.

DX apologies if you take it as I am being difficult or dim, however I remain concerned that the CCA request does not contain the words "I do not acknowledge any debt" or similar and because only a debtor can apply for the CCA (as I'm led to believe) then sending for this in 2015 has reset the date of acknowledgement of the debt - has this ever been used by a DCA as an acknowledgement of the debt?

Furthermore with the 2015 letters and 2020 letter having completely different amounts allegedly owed and reference numbers that differ from the original letters from Cabot and the CCA supplied back in 2016 this is giving me a further level of concern over the best course of action.

CCA is not re-setting the date it is a right?  

no CRA showing ..how can they report a non existent account which is not showing,

pay them and if it was then it would just show partially settled and still be there killing your score for 6 years letters may this/that and the other are just threatograms used by the office junkie,

Cabot know this, 

sit on your hands and stop seeing what is not there"! 

Statute Barred is Final end of

sure Dx  will respond as well

at the end of the day if not showing how can they affect a CRA entry not there?

that was a bog standard threatograms used to many a person probably No 5 drawer in the 12 drawer next desk jockey

Edited by Old Cogger
  • Thanks 1
:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I don't intend to pay, I just want to make sure my repaired Credit Score is not affected by them somehow, as this has a massive implication for my current employment (Security Clearance/Vetting)

- I'm an engineer and cautious by nature so I do not under any circumstances want to fire off a SB letter only to receive a "haha, no it's not because you asked us for a CCA in 2015" reply from them and am seeking reassurance from the forums that my actions are not going to be cavalier and I end up unemployed and with a fried credit score.

I am no longer an individual but a family of 4 to consider.

if you read back in this thread to the 1st few posts you'll see a mentioned of thing called a managed loan

these were famous in HSBC land.

off their own back, and quite typically without any knowledge of the customer, HSBC would l lump all debt together, card, loan, OD and dump it in the current account as a mass unrequested OD. then a few months later sign the customer upto a new loan of the whole OD amount.

sometimes they did it in a different order, but that's the basics. very well known about here.

then lo and behold, they'd sell it on to a debt buyer/DCA.

they were a DCA's dream ticket, as they could use a variety  of account numbers to mug the same person if one number failed.

often it's been found the same sum existed under differing numbers with differing DCA's, but the mug was paying all of them.

a CCA/SAR or whatever letter sent cannot reset any SB date, it's nothing to do with SB. They are a legal request and it is not necessary to inc a line stating no debt acknowledgement etc.

as for credit files and whatever number has been used for the account, the fact that one part of the mess/debacle has been defaulted years ago and has now reached it's 6th birthday so the whole account gets removed, encompasses all numbers, so no it cant comeback on your file.

send the SB letter.

dx

• Thanks 1

and they

who said to ever use email to a dca.....

dx

and they

email doesn't count and you don't need the letter to be anon

send them our SB letter from the debt collection section of our library using royal mail 1st class and free proof of posting.

and they

wont be accepted as sent legally.

dx

and they

24 minutes ago, brokentechie said:

Update: received a letter from Ruthbridge today saying Csbot have asked for the file to be returned to them and that they (Ruthbridge) have closed the account and I will not be hearing from them again.

Any ideas what I'm likely to get from Cabot now?

Thanks

A Forest... 

Cabot will send a Forest...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

well what can they do anyway??

and they

well 71 post in and 8yrs on CAG and...you still don't seen to understand …….

a dca is not a bailiff

and have

zero legal powers on any debt.

and they

Have i done or said something to offend you?

I'm a veteran with mental health issues, extreme anxiety being a big one. There is no need to be rude really is there.

Whilst DCAs may not be Bailiffs or have any legal powers as you said yourself a few posts back they are an underhand mob that have dubious practices such as stealth CCJs and court action - so I ask you politely and calmly, why would I not be worried about it and "71 posts and 8 years on CAG" makes little to no difference to someone with my mental illness 

well to some extent it would help if you operated the self help side of CAG too and read a few like threads here..

I cant reliably see you've viewed any other threads since 2016...?

mental health issues are not an excuse not to help yourself neither to stand up for yourself, which you appear to be quite capable of.

cabot know your correct address,

so there is no worry of anything backdoor or otherwise.

and in almost 5yrs now, they've done nowt but willy wave.

if someone owned you money, your recourse is via the small claim court

and that is the only route a dca has they have exactly the same powers as you or i.

and they

Yup, it's safe to say you are most likely in the clear.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread