Help Needed!

KateHepton

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I sent the template letter to A&L & have just received a letter back saying they will not give a refund!

What letter do I send now?

The letter before action I downloaded complains that they have failed to respond but they did but just didn't offer the money does that count? Is that the right letter?

Help! Never done anything like this before but determined to beat them! :mad:

Hi Kate. Welcome to the wonderful world of putting A&L in their place.

1st off, have you sent of the data request so you know exactly how much you're claiming back?

I'm assuming from what you've put on your thread that you've already sent the preliminary letter. You will get the usual babble back about fees are fair etc, etc. If this is the letter you have received from them after your prelim take the next stage which is listed on the site. ALWAYS follow the steps layed out on this site and use the letters from the templates library. Scrutinise the FAQ's and read through some of the other threads so that you've got a rough idea of what to expect at each point.

If you list what stage you are at/what actions you've taken so far we can guide you through all of the uncertainties

Just adapt the letter to fit the circumstances, so change it to "failed to respond positively".

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks for the advice!

I think I have my ball rolling now however terrified it may be!

Sent A&L Prelim letter 28/10/06

Received a refusal letter from M MCCORMICK 2/11/06

Have Letter before action written ready to send to the lovely M MCCORMICK on my deadline of 17/11/06!

Just to note also I sent my Prelim Letter to

Alliance & Leicester Plc

Carlton Park

Narborough

Leicester

LE19 OAL

But received reply from

Alliance & Leicester Plc

Customer Service Centre

Bootle

Merseyside

GIR 0AA

Hi, Kate.

As I keep telling people, it's good to be afraid - it means you are aware of the seriousness of what you are doing.

You are then more likely to think twice about the next step, and ask for advice on here if you are unsure of your ground.

It's easy to make mistakes if you don't know what you are doing; being cautious means you will take more care to check that you HAVEN'T made a mistake.

So keep posting. And don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. 8-)

ps. the Narborough address is their Head Office - they won't dirty their hands by replying to us commoners! But it is the address you should use when it comes to your court claim.

Keep reading the FAQ's and the forums Kate because the more you understand the more confident you will become.

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi just received my second big fat no letter from A&L funnily enough sent my letter to M Mcormick and got reply from J Fallows glad to see there is continuity with my claim!?

Well deadline is up now so it starts to get serious do I send the N1 form now? What's the MCOL stage that people are talking about?

Hi just received my second big fat no letter from A&L funnily enough sent my letter to M Mcormick and got reply from J Fallows glad to see there is continuity with my claim!?

Well deadline is up now so it starts to get serious do I send the N1 form now? What's the MCOL stage that people are talking about?

Kate I reiterate Caro's post above you need to be sure what you are doing and reading the FAQS and Step by Step Instructions will ensure this. The N1 form and MCOL are the same thing, MCOL is the internet option. Do you plan to use MCOL or the N1 in either case submitting a claim through the courts is your next step.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Ok just been through my statements again to fill out the claim for interest spreadsheet & either I overlooked some charges before or they've thrown a few extra in for retaliation my total is now £409 as opposed to £334 which I originally claimed for. Where do I stand with this?

Oh and please excuse my confusion over the n1 and mcol thing have re-read it and cleared that up. Any suggestions over which is better?

Ok just been through my statements again to fill out the claim for interest spreadsheet & either I overlooked some charges before or they've thrown a few extra in for retaliation my total is now £409 as opposed to £334 which I originally claimed for. Where do I stand with this?

Oh and please excuse my confusion over the n1 and mcol thing have re-read it and cleared that up. Any suggestions over which is better?

MCOL cuts out the need to go to court and deliver documents.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Guest Battleaxe

Kate,

Just add the extra to you claim if you haven't already filed. if you have filed just wait a couple of days file another claim.

Hope this helps

Cheers for everyones help, haven't filed yet my deadline date is 6th Dec shall I wait till then? and shall I put a little explanation in for the increased amount?

Ooh and some of the claim is for unauthorised overdraft charges these are acceptable to be claiming back aren't they? :-| I know I should have double checked that earlier but I think I'm just getting nervous feet as the prospect of going to court gets closer!:sad:

Cheers for everyones help, haven't filed yet my deadline date is 6th Dec shall I wait till then? and shall I put a little explanation in for the increased amount?

Ooh and some of the claim is for unauthorised overdraft charges these are acceptable to be claiming back aren't they? :-| I know I should have double checked that earlier but I think I'm just getting nervous feet as the prospect of going to court gets closer!:sad:

Wait until the 14 days are up, this is recommended in CPR. You dont haev to explain the increased amount the spreadsheet will do that. The overdraft charges are ok as long as they are charges or do you mean the interest charged? If you are claiming the interest on the overdraft you can only claim the amount that was caused by a charge putting you over the overdraft. Hope this makes sense :)

• 2 weeks later...

(on Behalf of my Wife)

Well, sent A L a 3rd letter with a revised schedule, I reduced my claim by £119.05 from the total of £1269.05p as further reading on this site indicated that an a agreed OD arrangement charged at £5 was a service and not a penlity and a reasonable cost. (service was requested for) So i deduced that from my first claim.

A L wrote back stating that they could offer me £598 to resolve this complaint. They also invited my wife to contact them on a number to discuss this further!!

They have again quoted OFT viewpoint based on credit cards, they have based this offer on the £12 max charge being applied.

My reply is that I still stand firm on what my 2nd revised schedule states.

goodday35

Help feeling sick that may have ballsed this all up when I sent my LBA I didn't include interest in my claim just gone to go forward with MCOL and read the warning that I should have done this HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sob sob sob!

:eek:

You shouldn't be adding interest on until you reach the MCOL stage anyway so it's not a problem if you plan to claim the 8% section 69 interest.

What's Best for You?

Gulp! Have just completed MCOL and paid £50 in court fees!

Sorry to go on about this interest thing but ticked the box saying I wished to claim 8% interest online, is that it or do I have to send a copy of my schedule of charges including interest to Halifax and inform them I've issued a court claim?:confused:

Just send 2 copies of the schedule to MCOL, one for the court and one for the bank. The court will do the rest.

If you read the guidelines on MCOL they explain the process now.

What's Best for You?