At LAST I got a JOB!!!!!!! BUT....!

Summer2015
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone!

I'm new here! I'm on JSA but got a job today and I start on Tuesday next week. But I haven't got a clue what I have to do next? Can I phone them on the day I work and tell them or?

I'm worried but proud of myself at the same time for FINALLY getting of jobseekers!:wink::whoo::violin:

I'm on JSA but got a job today and I start on Tuesday next week. But I haven't got a clue what I have to do next? Can I phone them on the day I work and tell them or?

You are required to notify the DWP as soon as reasonably possible of a change in circumstances. This generally means sometime between starting the job and your next scheduled signing on day. I'd suggest a simple, short letter stating: "Due to a change in circumstances, please close my JSA claim down from " - No need to give a reason or employer's details. Or you could call the help line, and if asked, just say personal reasons.

If you have been on the Work Programme, best not to divulge employer's details even if asked - It has been known for an employer to dismiss someone due to harassment from WP providers.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

IMHO, I would telephone and send a letter - that way there can be no mistake that you have indeed advised them.

Congratulations on your new Job. You must be well pleased :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Aww thank you all that's really kind of you.

My next sign on is the 23rd March but I start in 2 days time lol. I haven't got enough info to give to the jobcentre and it worrys me that they will be angry that I went to work on tues to get the info cos that means I have worked ONE DAY whilst on JSA!

Also I got paid thurs 12th march (JSA) and won't get paid till the 17th of april 2015 (with my new job) so does that mean I'm gonna have to live on this last bit of payment? I can't afford to live on that till the 17th wen i get paid!!!

They will pay you up to the day before you start work.

If you are receiving HB, CTB there is a possibility that you could be entitled to

the four week run on which (if you can get it) will see you not having to worry

about those two things till you get paid.

Also look into WTC if it's low paid work and your hours qualify you for it. They can do

this over the phone as long as you know your hours and base rate of pay. Then when

you get enough payslips you can get them to recalculate it so you are receiving what

you are entitled to

When you receive your 1st pay slip get down the council to see if you can get help

with CTB, and HB if you have them.

If you require any special work clothes, boots for the job and they not supplied then

try and get a discretionary payment to cover them. Does not hurt to ask.

Remember it's all about minimising the impact of going from unemployed to in work status

so if there's something you can claim for do it sooner rather than later. Leaving it can

cost you money.

I'm sure you can get help from the DWP if you haven't got enough to last you till your first payment. Again though you would have to ask the job centre. I would telephone the helpline make them aware that you have a job and need to close the claim. Tell them that you will advise them of further details when you know everything. Alternatively if personal reasons is acceptable to them use that reason.

If you close the claim for "personal reasons" then the run ons might be harder to claim- if you have been on a qualifying benefit for over 26 weeks

I got the impression the o/p was a bit chuffed and probably wants to shout her news from the roof tops!

Nip into the jobcentre on Monday & I dare say they will be delighted to help you sign off.

Onwards & upwards o/p. I remember the joy of signing off to start my job even if it was 20 years ago. Enjoy your moment as you earnt it x

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

They will prob be MORE then happy to help me out then lol. I will call them 2mrow it's easier cos I want to be 100% I'm starting 2mrow. I'm more worried that this payment i got from JSA will have to keep me going till another month at work TILL i get paid. worries me! :!:

I'm sure you can put in for a loan off dwp for help which you pay back through your wages. Ask at job centre or when you call to sign off. Explain you have got to wait x weeks till first pay got bills to pay etc

Oh.. Don't forget to budget for the next month as well because chances are you will get

only 3 weeks pay the first pay packet due to the "working a week in hand" policy that

many companies run.