When someone on JSA is sanctioned what other benfits are stopped?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'll use an example of a regular person on benefits where they would be claiming JSA which I assume is still money given to them along with NI credits. They would also be in receipt of housing and council tax benefit.

If they were to be sanctioned does this mean along with JSA money everything else is stopped or do they continue to get NI credits with the decision on housing and council tax benefit being left up to the council?

But you can claim housing and council tax benefits on the basis of a nil income.

Correct but you contact the council direct i believe...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Housing benefit and council tax reduction is normally suspended if the council receives notifiaction of a sanction/JSA ceasing. Once a nil income form is received they would normally reinstate the payments.

They cannot currently sanction housing benefit or council tax reduction, unless you have been prosecuted for fraud and have recieved a one, two or three strike loss of benefit sanction, whish is a totally different sanction.