car driver ran into the side of my car M4 - now claimform 3yrs later!! - ** RESOLVED **

topcat1802
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In June 2012 another car driver ran into the side of my car. I contacted my insurance, he contacted his, and I thought everything was sorted out.

In May 2013, nearly 12 months after the accident I received a claim form from the other driver's insurance, so contacted my insurer at the time to get them to sort things out, and as far as I know everything was sorted out.

Today I received a letter from DLG Legal Services saying they were claiming on behalf of Churchill Insurance, to recover the money paid out from me!

Its a bit much as I believed that this claim had been settled over 2 years ago!

Can they do this!

so the court claim was dismissed?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What court claim?

As far as I know this was all resolved by the insurance companies!

Why am I suddenly being chased for payment for something that I am not responsible for.

What legal right have they to do this?

I have passed all details to my insurance company at the time, as far as I know this is nothing to do with me.

I think I found the reasons for this, as thee is a three year limit to claim for car insurance!!!

What court claim? As far as I know this was all resolved by the insurance companies! Why am I suddenly being chased for payment for something that I am not responsible for. What legal right have they to do this?

I have passed all details to my insurance company at the time, as far as I know this is nothing to do with me.

I think I found the reasons for this, as thee is a three year limit to claim for car insurance!!!

They will approach you directly - if you are liable, your insurer will pay but any action taken would be in their drivers name against you - rather than having your insurer as the defendant.

pass the correspondence on to your insurer at the time to deal with.

What court claim?

Why am I suddenly being chased for payment for something that I am not responsible for.

you you said claimform

I mistook that for a court claim form silly me

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

think I found the reasons for this, as thee is a three year limit to claim for car insurance!!!

3 years for personal injury claims

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

What court claim?

What are the exact circumstances of the accident?

I was joining the M4 westbound at J8/9. I was in the middle lane, which has lane marking to either join M4 West or straight on to join A404. Other driver came up on my left and ran into the side of my car as I turned left to join M4.

I seem to remember receiving a letter from my insurance about 2 years ago saying that both parties were equally to blame for accident, I don't have a copy of this letter anywhere.

Anyway I have sent the letter on to my insurance company at the time (I am no longer with them)

At the point where the accident happened there are 3 lanes - Left hand lane has arrows painted on it indicating Turn Left to join M4 West, middle lane has arrows indicating straight to A404 or turn left to M4 West, right hand lane has arrows indicating turn right towards Maindenhead.

I was in the middle lane therefore I had a choice of Straight on or Turn Left, so I indicated I was turning left and the proceeded to do so, I did not need to change lanes as there are 2 lanes on the slip road to the M4.

The other driver came up on my left and ran into the left side of my car.

Since the other driver lives in Maidenhead he was in completely the wrong lane, he should have been in the right hand lane for Maidenhead.

I did veer left after indicating left, since that is the direction to join the M4 West which was where I was going. As stated previously the lane I was in has lane markings to indicate I could go straight on or veer left, the left hand lane has lane markings indicating that nay vehicle in that lane should veer left and join the M4 West!

I seem to recall receiving a letter from my insurance stating that each party was to blame for the accident. I was just asking the question if that was the case why after nearly 3 years was the other party trying to get money from me!!!!

Nope. I was in my lane, he was in his. The slip road onto the M4 West at this point has 2 lanes, however since the other driver lives in Maidenhead, he didn't want to go on to the M4 West he wanted to go straight on, even though the lane markings clearly show the left hand lane is for entry onto M4 West. I was clearly indicating left onto the M4 since I had a choice of Left onto M4 or straight on onto A404(M).

Were you at the south-west corner of the roundabout, by the M4 West entry sliproad ? According to Google Maps, unless the road has recently been painted with arrows and new lines, their are no arrows, lines or signs telling left hand lane users they must enter the M4 Westbound.

You probably received the letter from DLG as the claim hasn't been resolved, either because, liability or costs havn't been resolved, or your own insurer has been useless, or even the other side has been useless and passed it onto another company who are now going through the motions.

To answer the question about can DLG do this, the answer is yes. It's not the most ethical (courtesy is to keep this between insurer's/appointed reps), but it's there to provoke a reaction, and it's worked.

You probably received the letter from DLG as the claim hasn't been resolved, either because, liability or costs havn't been resolved, or your own insurer has been useless, or even the other side has been useless and passed it onto another company who are now going through the motions.

To answer the question about can DLG do this, the answer is yes. It's not the most ethical (courtesy is to keep this between insurer's/appointed reps), but it's there to provoke a reaction, and it's worked.

Yeah, he has been served the Claim Form because liability is still in dispute and his insurer probably hasn't nominated solicitors to accept service of the

Court papers.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All.

I have now received a claim form! Why are they trying to pursue me for something that I thought was all settled. How do I check if this is a valid county court claim form, it has a sticker on the top which states "County Court Money Claims Centre", a date and a claim number starting B17YX

!

Whose name is on the claim form, TC, the other driver or their insurance company? I'll try to find someone who can advise you on how to check out the form.

HB

Hi the name of the Claim Form is the other driver, he seems to be claiming the cost of repairs, and hire of a car while his car was being repaired.

I am not sure if the claim form is valid, as there is no password on the form for me to login to MCOL to rebut the claim!

Hi the name of the Claim Form is the other driver, he seems to be claiming the cost of repairs, and hire of a car while his car was being repaired.

I am not sure if the claim form is valid, as there is no password on the form for me to login to MCOL to rebut the claim!

This often happens when the other driver is struggling to get paid out for the accident claim and they are blaming you in this case for the accident. They have gone online and made a court court claim against you using the MCOL site.

If you had Insurance, just phone your Insurance company and they will ask you to send the court claim to them urgently, so they can acknowledge it and deal with it within the time allowed. When you phone the Insurers get the name of the person you speak to, which office they are from and to make sure they know it needs to be dealt with urgently.

Don't do anything with the claim, until you have spoken to the Insurers.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread