You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi   1. Have all seven residents complained officially to the Local Authority of the overgrown conifers and had a response in writing?   2. Were the Local Authority informed that the several residents were employing a contractor to cut back their conifer trees due to them being overgrown?   I would also suggest asking the contractor that carried out the work if they could do a letter for you explaining the work they carried out and the advice given about trimming as they remain the LA property.  
    • Hi dx   sorry for late reply didn't realise you had replied. When I think back I have had at least 2 cheques in response to charges from HF in the past few years (I had a student OD and a current account) if it effects anything
    • well thats not an issue to you.   if you have have not received a SJP form with lots of sheets of other journeys for you to sign off as TIC then i don't think they can prove the use was yours and not the designated user of the card.   since the even have your purchased or use a valid pass and have proof of this ? what date is the SJP case please   dx  
    • you'll only ever be poked to people like moneybarn etc that are all +40% via most online site.   have you had any running credit in the last few years? i've had none and that killed my score just as bad as a default would. they cant see you can have money management skills bar the default.     the other thing to remember is covid is killing credit approval too and ofcourse they can use the poor rating excuse.  
    • I've had a look at some of the other backdoor CCJ threads, but haven't found an example N244.   However, in a sense that's a good thing, write your own draft based on post 98.  It doesn't have to be in legalese,  just a quick summary of your position in normal English.   One of the Site Team could do it for you, but we're normally very reluctant to do so because it will be you (not us) in front of the judge (or given COVID, probably on the phone to the judge) so it's important that you understand and are confident with your arguments.   Wait for EB to comment on the draft tomorrow, on those other threads I see he goes on about a Supreme Court judgement re set asides and he's been in court himself in a similar situation several times.    I don't know about suing for the £255, maybe dx or EB will know more.    Whatever you do, there will be an element of risk due to mistakes (mistakes are no problem, been there done that, but learn for the next time).  It's not a good idea to throw away documentation when you're in a legal dispute with someone, and you should always tell them of a change of address.  Plus a case should have been built at the time against these charlatans, such as taking photos of their rubbish signs.   Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your personal circumstances are irrelevant to the court.  You've "defied" a court order - tough.  Of course we know you haven't really defied a court order as your N244 will show, and will be the start of the fightback.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Zipadidoodah

Excel/BW peel centre Stockport PCN : 23/2/15 - now claimform - help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1265 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

They have been known to issue court papers because even though the judgement is being appealed and checked and the judge not having a clue what he was doing, they seem to think they have the full right to continue.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

the supreme court ruling has decided that the amount PE asked for was not unreasonable. It does not mean that all parking companies are right to claim anything they like as they still have to prove the debt is real to start with and this is where your mob fall down.

They currently want £180! The thing that gets my back up is that they stated on their website I could go to POPLA but when asking for a POPLA code they denied it to me at say that no long use POPLA - the letter from them stated I can use their own in house appeal system! Their website was not changed for weeks but I did get a screen grab at the time

They have refused to acknowledge that they are denying me the chance to appeal by their own system stated on their website

http://www.peelcentrestockport.com/parking/

Car Parking

The Peel Centre Stockport offers safe and secure parking with 827 parking spaces including 36 disabled and 4 parent & child spaces.

Parking at the Centre is on a Pay & Display basis and the charges are as follows:

0-3hrs - £1.30

3-4hrs - £2

4-8Hrs - £7.50

* Please note parking charges to apply to all spaces including the disabled and parent & child parking spaces.

Charges apply Monday - Sunday (including Bank Holidays) - 6am to 9pm

Safe and secure parking

Park_Mark_Logo_L.jpg

The car park has achieved the coveted Park Mark award for safer parking, an initiative of the Associations of Chief Police Officers aimed at reducing crime and the fear of crime in parking facilities and is awarded to parking facilities that have met the requirements of a risk assessment conducted by the Police which includes looking at Management Practices, Lighting, Surveillance, Access Control and Signage.

Users of a car park with a Park Mark Award can be assured that the facility has been vetted by the Police and have measures in place to create a safe environment.

Find out more about the Park Mark scheme here.

Dont worry, the amount hasnt really changed as you dont actually owe them anything.

Also, they arent going to use the courts system as you can easily knock that one on the head

by referring to the PoFA and alternative disputes resolutions procedures (or ACOP)

not being used when you requested such a method of determination

and they will be back at square one but £50 worst off.

They know this and that is why they send out letters demanding even more money,

they think you will be scared into paying up by threatening all sorts of evil if you dont.

Update - Now had an automated phone telling me to call them urgently!! I ignored that call too!

Thank you Eric's Brother - your calming words have a real impact on my mood regarding this!

how did they get your number? make sure you keep a record of any calls and letters in case you want to complain about their harassment.

Two phone calls now. Should I still be ignoring them?

Seems to be on a monthly cycle. 2nd of each month - wonder how long before they realise I'm not their cannon fodder?

complain to your phone company about this as a nuisance call and see if they can block.

Just got a call from wright Hasall. A real human (female) this time. Unfortunately the phone cut off before really speaking to her. Any suggestions should I call back? What If she calls?

NO you never call them back. If they phone again just tell them that you are reporting them to the ICO and the FCA for unauthorised activity involving your data processing.

dont explain, just say that and then say never ringa agian and if they have anything to say that they put it in writing only

Received a letter today from BW legal claiming they have been instructed by Excel in relation to the balance due for the PCN.

Any advice - attached letter for reference.

I am furious that they have predated the letter by 7 days then say I have 16 days to reply!!

Any advice - should I write explaining that they have denied me an appeal by their own website standards?

I have also noticed they have changed the balance - originaally £60 if paid within 28 days. Then £100. ZZPS wanted £150 The Wright Hassall wanted £180. Now BW Legal want £150 - are they just making figures up??

BW Legal Letter.jpg

I have also noticed they have changed the balance - originaally £60 if paid within 28 days. Then £100. ZZPS wanted £150 The Wright Hassall wanted £180. Now BW Legal want £150 - are they just making figures up??

Exactly. It appears all of them are playing a game. Like yourself, I received the same letter from BW legal. I will continue to wait before they take me to court before I take action.

Yes they are making it up in the hope you are frightened or dumb enough to pay up. If they made it a million quid no-one would take them seriously so they set the sum at a level where people would pay up and moan about it afterwards rather than just refuse point blank.

NO

never even acknowledge these dca's. Only respond to a letter before action from the parking co or thier solicitors. It is common for solicitors that have nothing better to do to tout themselves out as unlicenced debt collectors so again ignore them unless they say they are writing under the civil procedures regs

look at the othwer threads about the Peel centre, the signage is rubbish and the parking co has lost court cases because of evidence arising from this very point.

Received another treating letter today dated 9th May

- Claiming that I need to pay 10 days from the dated letter

- which then states it is 17th May

- they can't even get dates right can they???

Should I ignore this one too?

13May2016.jpg

Same here Zipadidoodah....exactly same letter arrived this morning. Next step anyone ?

H

as it is headed "final notice" does that mean they are now going to bugger off I wonder.

The reality is that they have spent the money given to them by Excel

and unless they get some more money this is the last you will hear from them or anyone else.

However, they will try and convince Excel to pay them about £500 to take you to court and when they lose even more of their client's money they will lose another client, just like Gladstones are burning through theirs.

9th June - another letter - another fee made up

- I guess I still should be ignoring them??

Any advice - when will they give up??

letter of claim.pdf

Bizarre, 2 days after you on the last letter.

Just got another today and as you say new fee.

Now headed Letter of Claim and still saying pay to avoid legal action.

As with Zipadidoodah,

any advice please ?

H