Return to work after maternity leave - treated wrongly??!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, after some advice please!

In July 2014 I returned to work after 9 months maternity leave. :bathbaby:

Before I left, I trained up another employee to cover my job during maternity leave. I had therefore expected to return to the same role after the 9 months, as the job is still active.

However on my return I was shown to a different desk in an adjoining office and told I would learn that role. Nothing at all was mentioned about my previous role.

Well 8 months on, still nothing has been mentioned about my return, my previous role, current role etc etc and the other employee is still doing my previous job.

Surely this is wrong??? If my job still exists and there is no business reason why I could not have it back, I should be doing that job!!! :???:

BTW I have been at the company 15 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you had been off for six months you would have the right to go back to your old job role, after six months then they do not have to put you in your old role

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/work_w/work_time_off_work_e/maternity_leave.htm

Right to return after your Ordinary Maternity Leave

All women have the right to return to their old job after 26 weeks’ Ordinary Maternity Leave.

Right to return to work after your Additional Maternity Leave

If you wish to return to work after AML, you should be offered your old job back, unless this is not reasonably practical. If it is not reasonably practical to offer you your old job back, you must be offered a job that is suitable for you and appropriate in the circumstances, on the same terms and conditions as your old job. For example, your pay must be at least the same as your old job.

If you have not been offered your old job back, you should consult an experienced adviser, for example, at a Citizens Advice Bureau. To search for details of your nearest CAB, including those that can give advice by e-mail, click on nearest CAB.

You say "nothing was mentioned".. what happened when you asked? (You did ask, right?)

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!