My Husband wants to leave his job, will he gets benefits?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i am i am hoping someone can help me.

My husband has a full time job, which he absolutely hates...he's been there since june 2014

Without going into why he hates it, i was wondering how long before he should be able to claim benefits?

Btw i am not working and i dont claim any benefits...

Technically it is something along the lines of "you have lost your job through your own actions" therefore not eligible for JSA or whatever it is called now if different, from memory that is 6 months also.

Happened to one of my offspring when they got sacked a few years ago.

Normally only redundancy and medical dismissals (e.g. sickness) are the areas where the job centre won't apply this condition from my experience.

I would also not trust job centre staff one bit through both personal experience and also how they have dealt with a few people i know in similar circumstances. Expect zero concern or care from them if he leaves.

Thanks for replying guys, i guess he'll just have to stick it out till something else comes along :sad:

The reason why he wants to leave is, because he basically gets given loads of other jobs to do each day. which aren't in his job description.....then gets moaned at that he hasn't done enough of his own jobs :evil:

Could he not simply say he will do the "extra" jobs if his own work schedule permits ?

Or ask that his job description be revamped to take into account this extra work.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It is always easier to get a job while you are employed.

If you were to walk out of a job without another one to go to, why would another employer take the risk?

However, leaving another job to start another is easier to explain :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

With his current job it comes down to prioritisation. Is he a member of a union?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Could he not simply say he will do the "extra" jobs if his own work schedule permits ?

Or ask that his job description be revamped to take into account this extra work.

His own job takes up all his day as it is, he doesn't really have time to do the extra stuff they pile on him. (and him and no one else i might add)

It is always easier to get a job while you are employed.

If you were to walk out of a job without another one to go to, why would another employer take the risk?

However, leaving another job to start another is easier to explain :)

Oh i agree with what your saying, but at the age of 54 its not easy to get a job.

With his current job it comes down to prioritisation. Is he a member of a union?

The place is run by idiot's so id say probably not.

Oh i agree with what your saying, but at the age of 54 its not easy to get a job.

Then surely it makes sense not to make it harder by making oneself unemployed before looking for a job

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Does your husband have a long term private pension scheme, he is eligible to take it at 55. So not far off

I retired at 55 but was off sick due to pressure of the job from 54yrs. My doctor was very helpful. OK, I had to take a reduced pension but I do get some benefits, e.g council tax rebate, child tax credits but these very much relate to pension income and personal circumstances. .

If I decide to go back to work I will continue to get my pension along side wage so can afford to earn less.

• 1 month later...

Most deffo No, I left my job a while ago as I hated it. I did enquire about benefits to tide me over, just till I got a new job. I was told I made myself unemployed and as such not entitled to any benefits what so ever. I got a job pretty quick, I had to as I had no money coming in. Get another job lined up, before he quits his current job.

If it were me I would take a step back, take some time off on holiday or self certify, take the time to update my CV, join lots of job websites and go away for even a couple of days. He will come back refreshed and in a more positive, happier outlook.

Don't give the job up and think you could go for constructive dismissal. It will add tons of stress.

• 1 month later...

Totally i is depend upon the current job environment.

How the staff and boss in which he is doing job.

Also depend upon what he want what expectation he has from his life.

May be he want to start some business. So he is not comfortable.

If I was ur husband I would stick to the job while trying to find another one. Ur still getting paid but yes I get he maybe unhappy. Seriously he will feel worse if he goes on Jobseekers ( I was unhappy while on there but NOW got a VERY GD PAID JOB)! :)

Atlas is right the Jobseeker staff don't give a toss but a few do but gd luck finding them lol.

Indeed.co.uk is a very gd job website!;)

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)