Another parking eye money request **Won at POPLA**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks

In layman's term, what does the situation with Beavis/POPLA mean? I followed the link but couldn't really understand which way it implied it will go.

No point speculating, we wait for the result and go from there...

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/popla-adjourn-cases-on-parkingeyes.html?m=1#comment-form

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. Just giving an update.

I sent the template appeal letter to PE (with proof of postage), only to receive the very same letter I first received from them 3days later. I've had no code given to me and no acknowledgement from them.

What am I best doing now?

if they havent identified the driver then they have 35 days to reject your appeal and provide POPLA code or they lose the right to claim keeper liability. Leave them alone to make their own mistakes and capitalise should they not bother to give the correct formal reply.

Hi all. Just giving an update.

I sent the template appeal letter to PE (with proof of postage), only to receive the very same letter I first received from them 3days later. I've had no code given to me and no acknowledgement from them.

What am I best doing now?

I suspect you have received the computer generated reminder letter...

Thanks,

so it looks like they havn't got round to bothering with a reply.

What should I do if I don't receive anything in response and they try claiming that they didn't get my letter?

The letter I received was identical to the first so as you said, that was probably a computer generated reminder.

Thanks, so it looks like they havn't got round to bothering with a reply. What should I do if I don't receive anything in response and they try claiming that they didn't get my letter?

The letter I received was identical to the first so as you said, that was probably a computer generated reminder.

The reminder letter is not identical to the NTK as it is headed ' Parking Charge Notice Reminder '.

You have proof of postage so are covered there.

As stated above you wait 35 days for a cancellation letter, a rejection letter with POPLA code or a stalling letter asking for more information...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just another update.

I have received a letter back from PE stating that my recent appeal has been unsuccessful.

they have mentioned about a court hearing between PE vs barry bevis and martin wardley and saying that £85 was not an unenforcable penalty (HHJ Moloney)

They haven't identified the driver either in the letter but have given me a POPLA REF.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks in advance

I have received a letter back from PE stating that my recent appeal has been unsuccessful.

No surprise there. They don't make any money by allowing appeals, so it's not good practice for them.

they have mentioned about a court hearing between PE vs barry bevis

The fact that they're still including this on their paperwork without making it very clear that it's still pending a decision from the Court of Appeal is extremely naughty indeed.

They haven't identified the driver either in the letter but have given me a POPLA REF.

Where do I go from here?

Now that you have the code, appeal to POPLA under GPEOL for an easy win.

Check out Parking Prankster's website and blog. Plenty of templates and useful info on there specifically for dealing with Parking Lie.

As long as you include the fact that the charge is a penalty and not a genuine pre-estimate of loss, you're 99% guaranteed a win.

I've been browsing through Parking Prankster's bog but I couldn't find any other peoples letters/appeals/templates that have been sent to POPLA.

Do you have any links to them?

Other than the non genuine estimate of loss, what else should I include?

Thanks again!

You don't need anything else really. Gpeol will shut it down fast.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I've been browsing through Parking Prankster's bog but I couldn't find any other peoples letters/appeals/templates that have been sent to POPLA.

I don't think he reads them in there!

Do you have any links to them?

Other than the non genuine estimate of loss, what else should I include?

Thanks again!

Your POPLA appeal must include that as registered keeper you are not liable for the charge.

That you wish to see, through sight of contract, that ParkingEye have lawful authority from the land owner to issue and pursue*parking charge*notices on the site in question.

The breakdown of the genuine pre estimate of loss that the charge must represent.

That you believe the charge to be punitive.*

Read successful threads here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?405805-PPC-Successes-(No-Questions-please)/page6

All PE POPLA cases are stayed until the Beavis judgment is in, so GPEOL is not a slam dunk win and will depend on the Beavis judgment.

Well my PE POPLA appeal went in after the appeal hearing and will be heard early May....

OP get your appeal in and it will currently take about a month.

POPLA will let them know so that they can prepare themselves to loose yet another one thumbup.gif

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Thanks. Just a case of waiting now then?

I've not had any email reply back from POPLA yet, I presume that will be a while too?

You should have confirmation from POPLA of your appeal, and then a day or so later when on or around it will be heard.