style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1685 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm the freeholder of a house that's managed by Consort PM management company.

They have recently sent a letter stating they will add unspecified admin charges and solicitor fees to our account

for every letter they send regarding contravention of the covenants.

Assuming this happens unchallenged but I refuse to pay it,

I would not be able to remortgage my property because they have a charge on the land registry

and I know from my neighbour's experience you can't get their approval for a remortgage unless you clear your account.

This seems an underhanded tactic to get people to remove satellite dishes (which they haven't done anything about for the 12 years the estate has existed)

and anything else they deem a contravention.

Anyone with legal experience know if this is enforceable

and how to ensure minimal inconvenience from anything that pertains to what they have threatened to do in their letter?

they ca state what they like

all penalty fees be them letters etc etc

are unlawful

and can be reclaimed

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thank you for your quick response. Can you detail how fees like this can be reclaimed?

can be treated the same as any loan or credit card penalty charges.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?423713-Barclaycard-Link

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi.

I've moved this to the Property/Leasehold forum.

Are you actually the freeholder or is it a leasehold property ?

I disagree with DX's comment, certain admin charges may indeed be recoverable IF allowed by the lease or covenant, if its a leasehold property, there will be a lease, if it is indeed freehold then there would be some sort of covenant..both of these may outline certain conditions, whether admin charges are payable, etc and what you can do to pro[perty, etc.

If the covenant has been broken then a charge maybe payable, HOWEVER you say the dish has been there for 12 years therefore some sort of estoppel may apply.

If properties are leasehold there are all sorts of protections available against such charges/fees (if they ARE deemed payable they can be reduced to a reasonable level by the FTT (LVT) tribunal, if they are freehold then the protection is less and is purely contractual (i.e whatever the covenant says).

How did the charge get on the property ?