style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI IM WONDERING WHAT IS MY BEST OPTION IVE RECIEVED A LETTER YESTERDAY FROM MARSTON REGARING ANGLIAN WATER BILL ITS A NOTICE OFF ENFORCEMENT I HAVE RECIEVED

U MUST PAY OR ARGEE A PAYMENT ARANGEMENT BY 16TH OFF MARCH . IVE READ NOT GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND IM REALLY WORRIED I CURRENTLY WORK PART TIME WAS DOING FULL TIME HRS BUT PUB I WORK IN TRADE HASNT BEING GOOD SO CUT MY HRS DOWN . i currently live wth a guy ..do i have to declare his income to them if i phone them up ...?. im wondering if to go to my local court office on monday morning as im not very good dealing with stress off baliffs visting my home and asking them for help ..i would sooner pay them a amount i can afford ..

any advice will be welcome .the debt is 1.400 .. ive only just got on top off my rent areaeas .and nearly finshed paying rossindales off from last yrs council tax ..and now this worry

If you can pay it now, I would, just to avoid the stresses of them calling out(I'm a bailiff though so thats an auto response)

Paying it now is the debt+£75(90 if high court)

A visit will add hundreds to the total.

That said, it might be an idea to supply us with a bit more info as to what the debt is for?

Have you tried to deal with this previously?

Ok, thats good. That means that as long as you keep your door locked they cant take your goods.

If you have a car, barring some reasons to class it as exempt, they can take that from your private land or the highway.

If they do visit though, the cost will increase by 190+vat + 7.5% of the debt. Followed by a further 594 if you have failed to ask for a suitable arrangement to be made. They could then look to remove goods, and if they can remove something, a further charge will be made. This will be in excess of £600 at this stage for this one charge alone.

You have time. If you can pay, then pay.

If you cant pay it in full, ask for an arrangement. This will involve the bailiff calling out and the attendance costs should remain on £190+vat+7.5% if you have no assets of note.

Alternatively, if you need mote time, you can look to ask the court to stay the writ while you raise the funds or even ask the court for a set arrangement via a variation order. Both of which may not work though.

i dont own a car .. if i could pay it all in full i woudnt be on this group asking for advice ... i dont have much to my name infact all upstairs my home is empty rooms as when kids moved out last yr after being single mum ..they took beds n there own items with them

its very rare for anglian water to involve bailiffs after they go get a CCJ

didyou not defend the CCJ

tellus the fullll story please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi it was end december they took me to court and stupidly i just iggnored the letter ..my fella had just started a new job and we went 4 weeks struggling as he went to monthly pay so we had to borry off friends to pay the rent and to live bacically then in jaunary it was pay back my friend 600 pound out his wages .left us with not alot that month out his sallery ..

it has gone to high court i rang anglian water begging to take debt back .the balifs havent visted yet but i know i dont have to let them in im worry as my fella has a car have they got a right to take this .

in 5 weeks time i am having the local council who i rent my home off coming in to fit me new bathroom kitchen etc as mine has being in property over 25 yr s so with work men being in and out for a few weeks i cant always garantee that my door will be constatly locked

u mean the log book to car etc car isnt worth alot only worth just under 500 pound but i had the debt even before i meet my fella .im even thinking off telling him to move out till i sort this mess out

u mean the log book to car etc car isnt worth alot only worth just under 500 pound but i had the debt even before i meet my fella .im even thinking off telling him to move out till i sort this mess out

Tell him to park it well away for now, as Marstons might clamp it and use it as a hostage. has he changed the address on it to yours yet? I

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Jayne,

It is worrying the number of water companies who obtain judgments and then pass them to a High Court Enforcement company instead of using the County Court. Why they do this I do not know. They must already know that the debtor cannot afford the initial debt and that going the HCEO route will add a minimum of £313.25 to every single account.

In your case, it is vitally important that you email Marston's immediately and explain to them the following:

The property is rented and you have rent arrears

You are currently subject to bailiff enforcement already from Rossandales for arrears of council tax.

You work only a few hours a day in a local pub.

You do not own a car and there is almost nothing of value in the property.

The problem that you will have is that any offer you make will be subject to a personal visit. This is unique to debts being enforced by a High Court Enforcement /Enforcement Agent. The purpose being to 'secure' the debt on behalf of the creditor. The fee for this visit is £190 (plus 7.5% on the sums to be recovered over £1,000 plus VAT).

It is important to be aware that you are not under any obligation to allow a bailiff into your home and given your circumstances you should NOT do so. I would suspect that any sensible enforcement agent would return the warrant as uncollectable.

Perhaps the Water Companies have a backhander arrangement for a percentage of the fees., but good advice Jayne from BA, do not let them in and keep OH car away for now.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Jayne,

It is worrying the number of water companies who obtain judgments and then pass them to a High Court Enforcement company instead of using the County Court. Why they do this I do not know. They must already know that the debtor cannot afford the initial debt and that going the HCEO route will add a minimum of £313.25 to every single account.

I should have explained how the 'minimum' figure of £313.25 is arrived at:

With debts enforced via the High Court the Compliance Fee is £75 plus vat (£90)

If the debt is not paid in full during the 'compliance period' and a payment proposal is made then in every case the EA must attend the debtor's premises to 'secure' the debt. The fee for this visit is £190 plus vat (£223.25). However, if the debt is over £1,000 a further 7.5% is added (plus vat)

It is not difficult to understand why all 'advice sector groups' are so opposed to HCEO's getting their hands on all judgments (including those covered under the Consumer Credit Act) !!!!

High court enforcement of CCA debt will cause extreme hardship for many, if it is brought in

What it has illustrated is that in Jayne's case it increases the debt to way unaffordable levels.

What can the EA do if a debtor will not let them in to "secure " the debt for an arrangement?

hi i havent spoken to mardens .as off yet ive being advised not too as it says on letter i have till the 16th march which is a week away ..i was told about applying for a charis grant help last night .and filled in a application online expaling my circumstances .i know this takes about 6 weeks to find out if i have being sucessfull with this but anything is worth a try ..

Tell him to park it well away for now, as Marstons might clamp it and use it as a hostage. has he changed the address on it to yours yet? I

he has never had the car registerd at my address ..at all ..car log book insurance everything is all at his mothers address