LRP got me mad!!!! cos of shoplifting..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone....

basically a few days ago I v been caught by debenhams security staff shoplifting a lancome lipstick(£55) , I know its so bad but I wanted it so badly but i did it as i knew i would never be able to afford it... I feel so bad and ashamed for that, and every day I wake up I regret it so much...

when they caught me they took me to the back room and took the item from me and took my name and address... they said to me that LRP would send me a letter home telling me the amount of fine I have to pay and now im still waiting for letter to arrive...my questions are:

A) what would happen if I dont pay the money?

B) willI have criminal record ??

C) how much can they make me pay??? Im so poor!!!

Nothing will happen..just ignore them completely. They have absolutely NOTHING to do with the law.

You do not have to pay a penny. If you get any letters, just bin them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have moved your thread to a more appropriate forum.

As stated above, nothing will happen. Debenhams had the opportunity to ask for the police to attend at the time but they chose not to and ONLY the police could do anything.

RLP (for I think that is who you are worried about) can do nothing except write letters and make threats. You can safely ignore them altogether as they have no legal powers. They will tell you that a debt is owed to their client for time taken in dealing with you, but that is nonsense. The staff who detained you would be paid whether or not you went into the shop. The police will not be involved after the fact, and you will have no criminal record - that would only happen IF the police had attended AND if you were prosecuted and convicted.

They can make you pay absolutely nothing. You will get half a dozen or so letters, and then a couple from a debt recovery firm, then a final threat that they are recommending their client takes legal action and that will be the end of it.

BUT - do not take the lack of action or our advice as it being OK to steal. It isn't, so for God's sake stop it now. If you can't afford something then you can't have it. Next time it might just be that the police are involved and that WILL cause you many more problems than this. Take it as a warning....please!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

ignore rlp totally

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

£55 for a lipstick???

Is it a typing mistake?

If not I should tell my wife not to use make up ever again 😁

Sorry for not contributing to the thread, but the more knowledgeable caggers have already given best advice.

Thank you immensely everyone for ur replies

also do u know if there is any way I can stop the mail arriving home, like asking royal mail if they can keep the letters until I go to pick them up??? I really dont want my parents to know about this :/

Hahaha it is a lancome liptick...

Oww poor ur wife dont do dat, just tell her to buy drugstore makeup which is way much cheaper...

brand name makeup is always this expensive I guess

If you ar eunder 18, then you can write a one line letter to RLP, after you recieve a letter from them. But if you are over 18, you should tell your parents to stop reading your mail.

In any case, you need to stop shoplifting. Fromt his thread, you seem to only be afraid because you got caught. If you continue to shoplift, then the police will likely be called, youll get a criminal record which will mess your life up as well as job prospects or even college/uni prospects as youll have to declare it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 2 weeks later...

They can't do ANYTHING. EVER. ignore them.

So I did receive my letter yesterday saying I have to pay them £ 150 within 21 days

Can I ignore it safely? Im scared they could send bailiffs at home, what are the chances?

where ever do you get that stupid idea from?

I see you've read all the threads here already

so which one said that you get bailiffs on a civil debt

before it goes to court and before they have to win a court case?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh I thought they would send bailiffs if I failed to respond to DCA letters

DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

bailiffs only ever get involved

IF someone takes you to court

IF your fail to defend a case

IF they get a judgement

IF you fail to pay that judgement within 28 days

IF the court decide to appoint a bailiff

and

IF the bailiff ever want sto get involved in a civil debt......

the bottom line here is RLP CANNOT take you to court

a DCA acting for RLP cannot take you to

ONLY the RETAILER can.

an NO retailer HAS EVER DONE THAT since 2012

dream on.

dx

and they