Parking Eye 'fine' for parking over the white lines

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi... I received one of these Parking Notice's from PE for £75 for parking outside the white lines in a free carpark. I wasn't blocking or encroaching another space as i parked on the pavement just on the edge of the carpark due to the fact my vehicle is too big for there spaces (pickup 4x4). Is this enforcable due to the fact that i have caused no loss to the company? The pavement was over twice the width of my vehicle so i was not blocking any passage even by HGV (although if i can't park there i don't see why HGV's would need to get past) and i only stayed for about 20 mins. The parking div's answer to my "why?" question was "you are not allowed to park there".

I'm assuming that this is a NTK (Notice to Keeper)? I'm confused by your reference to "The Parking Div", was there someone slapping tickets on windscreens?

If you can let us know what stage you're actually at then I'm sure that we can come up with some options for you.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Hi... By parking "Div" i was meaning the muppet who stuck the ticket to my windscreen about 3 weeks ago. He worked for Parking Eye. I assume it is the NTK that they stick to your windscreen? This is the stage that im at, as i have not replied at all due to the fact that i dont see why i have to... I havn't done anything illegal and i havn't entered into any contract that im aware of...

Well, you learn something new everyday. I thought all of the ParkingLie car parks were ANPR.

If you could, any chance of you scanning in, and after removing your personal details and any identifying ticket numbers, posting an image of the ticket for us all to see? (You'll need to convert it to PDF so that we can read it (the forum doesn't like image files))

Either way, at the present time, do nothing. Wait until they send you a Notice to Keeper. This is different to the windscreen tRicket (which is a Notice to Driver). Once you have the NTK you (we) can really start to have some fun with them. Yes, it will require a little effort on your part, but it'll be worth it for the satisfaction of costing them money w00t.gif

• Confused 1

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

They really are pathetic aren't they.....

Pathetic is one word sure... I can think of lots more. The vast majority of which would get me banned from the forum biggrin.png

Hi

I have unapproved the attachment as you have left identifying data within. Please edit and repost

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Wait for the NTK, then appeal, then they refuse your appeal but give you a POPLA code, you appeal to them, and win using GPEOL.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Someone said not to appeal...that if you appeal then you are admitting you are in a contract.. is this not true?

You wait for the NTK in the post.

This must be received between 29-56 days from the NTD.

This is what will be appealed by the Registered Keeper.

Someone said not to appeal...that if you appeal then you are admitting you are in a contract.. is this not true?

who is someone? Contract law is complicated and there is a liklihoood that you have formed a contract but what that is worth is open to argument until the cows come home.

Follow the advice here and you will save yourself a lot of bother later on and cost the parking co a few quid..

When the Notice to Keeper comes, you will then appeal to the parking company, you can say what ever you like as they will decline it anyway, but make sure you ask for a POPLA code (A code which will allow you to appeal to an independent appeals service). The parking company will have to pay ~£28 to provide you this code (which is good!).

When you get this code, come back here before you send anything off. They will be stupid to go far with this, as you simply do not owe any money.

• 2 months later...
Hi... I never received a NTK at all, although i did change address in the middle of the time period. Will this go against me?

They have to send the NTK to the registered owner no earlier than 28 days after,and no later than the 56th day of the alleged breech of contract.

What was the date of the alleged breech of contract?

What date did you move house? Did you update the DVLA on the address change immediately after moving?

We moved address (business address) on the 10th march. alleged breech of contract was on 15th Feb. Just getting round to informing DVLA now which is what made me think of this.

Also there was no forwarding address left as the post office wanted a small fortune for the privilege.