Box Junction Fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received a box junction fine notice from Merton Council. This shows what happened better than words. The van was moving when I entered the junction and stopped leaving me nowhere to go. Is this worth appealing?

Not from what I can see.

You should of waited till there was space for you behind the van after he left the box junction

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Half the box seems to have disappeared! Surely you can only get fined for stopping on a box junction and not where there is supposed to be a box junction.

Box junction is clear to me.

You should not enter a box junction unless your exit is clear. It's easy to be caught out by this though if it looks clear ahead of the vehicle in front but they decide to stop anyway.

Box junction is clear to me.

It may be clear from an aerial view but the right hand side has clearly been worn away and is non existent, since a box needs no traffic order its purely a contravention of a traffic sign it would follow that the sign would need to be complete and in good repair.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had a similar PCN charge - I was coming out of Armfield Crescent and a similar incident occured with the vehicle in front which left me unable to complete my turn into London Road. This is purely a cash cow enabled by Merton Council