style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1700 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

All the web links to the Sky accessibility team are broken and emails to them bounce back as 'mailbox closed' leaving the only options for contacting them as the phone.

If you're registered with them in the first place because you have difficulty using the phone, that is less than helpful.

Using Live talk (through billing queries, everything else just says there's no one available, try later) I managed to 'speak' with an adivisor who promised to get someone from the team to contact me urgently, three days ago. Needless to say, it hasn't happened.

I presume all will be fixed fairly soon but as customer services go, this is pretty bad. It's difficult to believe a company as large as Sky really has no means of accepting emails any more!

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

The above issue has spiralled out of control.

The accessibility team finally contacted me after nearly 10 days.

I responded with my query, which was asking if they were willing to replace my 8 year old Sky box as it wasn't being terribly reliable.

I got a response back which threatened to put me on a 'black list' so I could never have Sky again,

and because I'd mentioned that the box had failed to record a number of episodes on series link whilst we were at our home in France,

they also accused me of using my Sky card in France since obviously anyone and everyone who uses satellite must have Sky

- I made no mention at all of how we watch tv in France or that we even have a tv,

and how on earth do they think I expected to record stuff on the box in the UK if we'd taken the card to France?

Subsequent complaints have got precisely nowhere.

Needless to say I am now an ex-Sky customer.

The whole thing has made us sit back and think - we manage perfectly well with FreeSat in France, so why do we need Sky anyway?

Shiny new Humax box now installed, working perfectly and we can now access all the online stuff that the old Sky box couldn't do.

I'm sure Sky do have properly trained and reasonable customer service agents, unfortunately I got the one having a very bad day!

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

That really is a shame RMW. The Sky retentions team do go out to keep customers happy if at all possible. You really did get someone who was having a bad day. If you feel you have grounds for complaint, you need to get it going soon as I am not sure how long they keep the call recordings for.

I have been very lucky with Sky and they always have done me a good deal to stay. Strange isn't it??

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

To be honest, in the great scheme of things this is a fight that's really not worth fighting. They've actually done me a favour - when we sat down and worked out how many of the pay channels we actually watch now eldest has finally left home it's pretty much zero - basically I watch Grands Prix when they're not live on BBC - so for £195 we get a reliable box and save £38 a month, it's a bit of a no brainer really, especially as I can watch the GPs live online anyway.

RMW