Please please help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes possibly... Did you get their bank details for standing orders?

No i didnt but i have email conformation from all regarding the plan. You have me worried now.....should i have?

No i didnt but i have email conformation from all regarding the plan. You have me worried now.....should i have?

It is going to be far safer for you to have their bank details for standing order/online transfer. Obviously you don't want CPA or Direct Debit :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Regardless of new rules being in place, the best thing is to cancel the CPA and card and set up standing orders. Or even better, go to another bank and just set up a standing order... Make sure you remember to set up them standing orders with the loan references.

Also did they confirm in writing they would stop all charges etc?

If not then you have fallen into the number 1 trap in dealing with PDL companies.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

No they didnt.

They have sent through emails with each payment coming off £20 last thursday of month.

I will cancel card tomorrow and call them confirming all charges have been frozen and get there bank details to set up standing orders.

NO!!!! Stay off the phone. They will do anything to get their money. I get you want to pay these, but remember!!!.... In writing is best. Email too... You have written proof they will do it.

I think you need to reread the advice we have given you. Everything needs to be in writing. Stay off the phone.... It means you have written backup in case something goes amuck which with PDL comps happens every single damn time!

All it takes is one payment, £500, £600 and you wont have enough money to live on for the month... I sound like im moaning but ive seen it so many times

We could do with some help from you.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Yes, please do stay off the telephone. You need to keep everything in writing / email :)

I would say make contact by email and thank them for their forbearance in letting you have a payment arrangement. Can they please confirm that they will cease adding charges and interest. Could they please also let you have their bank details so that you can set up a standing order/online transfer with your bank. That you are withdrawing permission for them to use CPA to collect these payments.

Would they please attend to the above with great urgency as you wish to set up the Standing order as soon as possible.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
You need to open a new account by the time the first loan is due. Stay away from Natwest etc and start afresh. RBS are a pain because they refuse to refund on PDL when they should.

FYI your credit rating will be trashed for 6 years...

Once upon a time, I also fell into the trap you did, it took a while to wise up, you are in good hands here.

Hi The hyperlink up above regarding 6 years . Does this mean that if someone takes you to court applies CCJ that they cannot chase you again for the debt once the 6 years has ceased ?Thanks