Latest WCA Handbook for Health Professionals, Version 7, 9th Feb 2015

stu007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Latest WCA Handbook for Health Professionals, Version 7, 9th Feb 2015

This guidance is for healthcare professionals who undertake Work Capability Assessments on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions.

This document tells you how health professionals are supposed to assess you.

It can be downloaded at this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/work-capability-assessment-handbook-for-healthcare-professionals

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

One thing i noted reading that was their allowed/encouraged to assume things like this example

The report must contain sufficient detail. It is not enough to state "sat comfortably at interview"; better is to state "sat comfortably for 25 minutes in an armless chair without fidgeting, and this indicates that there would be little likelihood of any problem with sitting for longer than 30 minutes".
How can they assume things like this do they have a crystal ball or something ? that assumption is meaningless ,but clearly is one such method they use to cheat people out of a benefit that they should be entitled to

for me, I may be in pain, but if I don't sit absolutely still the pain intensifies dramatically. These one size fits all criteria are really silly.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I've just had a quick nose at some of the stuff that affects me. Unless the law has changed (and DVLA and RNIB have kept this quiet, which I doubt!) they've given completely wrong information regarding the eye chart and holding a driving licence.

Well, if I do end up being assessed in the future, that's going to be fun! Because according to that handbook, I could actually legally drive. (my situation is rather more complex, so I actually can't) But at the same time, can't read anything smaller than font size 20. (and that's on e agood day!)

for me, I may be in pain, but if I don't sit absolutely still the pain intensifies dramatically. These one size fits all criteria are really silly.

Yeah but the clear issue I have with what tommy quoted is that the DWP think its still ok to decide things on assumptions instead of facts.

If someone sits still for 25 minutes, its a pure speculative assumption that they not in pain and they can do it for over 30 minutes. Its definitely not a fact. Yet they encouraging HCP's to make these assumptions.

Yeah but the clear issue I have with what tommy quoted is that the DWP think its still ok to decide things on assumptions instead of facts.

If someone sits still for 25 minutes, its a pure speculative assumption that they not in pain and they can do it for over 30 minutes. Its definitely not a fact. Yet they encouraging HCP's to make these assumptions.

The whole wca is assumptions - you are being......facilitated to answer questions in a certain way, so that certain assumptions can be made to lead to the lowest possible score. It's just how it works.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

And that's why it is flawed,Any real HCP does not assume that a patient in their care can or can't do something, imagine the consequences if they did, This test is meaningless and should be scrapped,

Shame we couldn't play the assumption based on nothing game on them, i didn't turn up because i thought with all the evidence that i submitted that i would be awarded enough points