Taking Vodafone UK to court - advice needed please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

My case is rather lengthy but will make this as brief and direct as possible;

- entered into a 24 month contract with Vodafone with an iPhone 5S in Sept 2013

- up until Nov 2013 the signal in and around my house was fine then from mid Nov 2013 until present

I have been unable to make or receive calls or text messages whilst inside and partially outside my home.

- New build home, flat surrounding landscape, no obstructions and no new buildings erected in this time. The phone mast is 350m from my home.

- went into Vodafone in Nov 2013 and August 2014 to formally complain and via telephone in June.

Told by reps that my complaint would be formally logged and a Vodafone rep would contact me.

This never happened.

Told maintenance work was on going.

- during this time I have tried my sim in 3 different handsets - the same happens.

With all handsets. I have a business mobile on O2 which has perfectly during this whole time.

- in November 2014, during another complaint call I was informed none of my previous complaints had been logged

and was formally told I had to write to Vodafone.

The first I had ever been told. In hindsight, I could have researched more but I was under the illusion from Vodafone reps

that my complaints had been formally logged and told technical guru's were working on the system.

- Formally complained as per instructions in November 2014.

Offered £100 credit for a Sure Signal box.

Throughout this whole time until present the worst customer experience and service I have ever had the displeasure of writing about.

- Request to cancel contract without termination fee refused.

- I have complained to Jerome Heonca,ps office, and the Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman have apparently investigated my claim and offer the same resolution as Vodafone.

- I have decloned the Ombudsmans resolution and asked for my case to be further investigated by a senior Ombudsman.

- Vodafone have not had a Sure Signal box in stock since the end of Nov 2014 to the present day,

so how can they resolve this with a Sure Signal box when they have not had any for 4 months.

Any advice regarding small claims court

- I am going to claims for half my monthly line rental back as I have estimated I spend half my time per month at home

- interest on this and the right to terminate my account free of charge.

Legislation being considered - Vodafone in my view have breached their own contract and the Supply of Goods and Services Act.

Any thoughts?

I suggest that you start off reading our customer services guide and then take a couple of weeks trying to sort it out on the phone but making sure that you get as much evidence recorded. It will help you enormously when you come to issue the claim. Do not begin the claim until you are fully prepared - but once you are prepared, don't hesitate

I suggest that you start off reading our customer services guide and then take a couple of weeks trying to sort it out on the phone but making sure that you get as much evidence recorded. It will help you enormously when you come to issue the claim. Do not begin the claim until you are fully prepared - but once you are prepared, don't hesitate

Thanks very much, I've been in touch with them numerous times, had my phone checked, sent them endless emails and highly detailed letters and recently received all of my account details from them from a FOI request and telephone conversations.

Vodafone have issued a deadlock letter and seem steadfast in their resolution which they cannot actually offer me in any case.

What is interesting, Rootmetrics, a detailed app that shows network coverage shows Vodafone as being appalling in comparison to other networks for my area, yet Vodafones website shows my homes area as being fine?

I spoke with the Ombudsman yesterday, their apparent investigation in my view and their approach is not objective or fair. Rather, I think they evidently tend towards the mobile phone providers is their assumptions;

I would like to here peoples views on the following;

- Is it worth me waiting for a senior ombudsman to review the case before I commence court proceedings?

- Would the courts see this ADR process as a form of mediation or would I have to use a differing form of mediation before start proceedings?

- I have requested maintenance schedules and logs for the mast that Vodafone have stated they use for my network whilst at home through the submission of a FOI request but have only provided the cell site number which I've located on the OFCOM web site. Funnily enough no maintenance logs were provided - any advice?

Many thanks for your reply.

Edited by Peggy535