Need help challenging an entire TRO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

First, look at the Google Street View here: http://goo.gl/maps/3uGzt

This is a cul-de-sac with a few residential houses further down the road. No shops or businesses apart from a lone GP surgery. And a pedestrian entrance to a multi-storey car park.

Until 2003, the road had 11 time-limited parking bays along its eastern side. This was sufficient as it was at the heart of an industrial estate at the time. What can now be seen as a shiny new residential development along the street, was then a power station.

In 2003, a new, privately-owned multi-storey car park was opened off the road. Then, the local council issued a TRO that removed all the 11 parking spaces from this road and introduced no waiting (= double yellow lines) all over. Drivers visiting the nearby Kingston centre for shopping have since been forced to use this private car park.

Link to the TRO: https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/57010

In 2014, the area lost its former industrial character altogether when the last non-residential site, the power plant, was built over with 150+ flats.

Now, I believe that the council has gone too far introducing such restrictions on this particular street. I argue that parking along the street would not cause congestion (this is a cul-de-sac!), obstruct traffic (the road is more than 8 metres wide!) or block access to businesses along it (there are none!). The only effect of the lines is increase in income for the car park owner (who now asks £1800 per year for a parking space) and a huge trouble for the residents of the new development (which contains no parking spaces on it own but has 6 wheelchair-adapted flats = at least 6 people with mobility issues).

Since people started living in the development, parking wardens have been on the spree, issuing dozens of tickets, mainly to blue badge holders who have no choice but to park in front of the building, and to the surgery's patients.

I will be grateful for any advice, esp. as to where this could be challenged and what law can be applicable.

Edited by kashmiri

It was open temporarily at its southern end while construction works were going on. Now the blocking posts are again in place. You are most welcome to check it out yourself :)

Edited by kashmiri

So people are buying flats with no parking then want to complain, there is no parking? The entire area is controlled permit parking so even if the lines got removed they would be replaced with permit bays, as for shoppers being forced to use the car park in Skerne road that's a ridiculous statement as there are numerous council car parks nearer the shops and on street parking in the town centre.

@green_and_mean: Blessed are ye that having nothing to say keep their mouths shut.

FYI:

- Skerne Road is NOT within a controlled zone

- For Blue Badge holders, a permit bay and a no-stopping street make a huge difference

- Not all people "buy flats" - half of the Skerne Road development belongs to a housing association

- There is no closer car park for the Bentalls shopping centre and for the John Lewis store

You are most welcome if you want to reply to my question. But if you just want to increase your reply counter, be kind enough to go elsewhere.

Edited by kashmiri

@green_and_mean: Blessed are ye that having nothing to say keep their mouths shut.

FYI:

- For Blue Badge holders, a permit bay and a no-stopping street make a huge difference

- Not all people "buy flats" - half of the Skerne Road development belongs to a housing association

- There is no closer car park for the Bentalls shopping centre and for the John Lewis store

You are most welcome if you want to reply to my question. But if you just want to increase your reply counter, be kind enough to go elsewhere.

Green_and_mean is rated "highly informative" and has 8375 posts.

It doesn't look to me that they are just "wanting to increase their reply counter". It seems more likely to me that you only want to see posts that agree with you, and don't want answers (even valid ones) that disagree.

So, are you looking for advice / information (where you have to accept the risk of posts giving views contrary to yours, provided they are constructed within the sites rules), OR

Are you merely looking for validation and "yes-men", where you are more likely to get what you want if you make this clearer from the outset.

FYI:

- For Blue Badge holders, a permit bay and a no-stopping street make 7a huge difference

Skerne road and Sury Basin are non residential roads which is why they are not permit areas however being 100m from Kingston town centre all the surrounding streets are permit controlled being sandwiched between Canbury and the Town Centre zones!

There are no red routes in Kingston town centre or Skerne road so where you get the idea there are 'no stopping' streets escapes me!? Skerne road is double yellows and BB holders can and do park there on a regular basis.

John Lewis and Bentalls have a car park right next door you can even use a walkway bridge to cross into the store so you really are out of touch!

I really fail to see your point most of the flats which cost in excess of £1 million have secure underground parking and a concierge service. The road is a public highway not a public car park if you think the Council are going to put free bays in when 50m away is an on street p&d and a public car park you are seriously deluded.