British gas help

Clarkeyuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello we got our bill with British gas which we pay quarterly cut a long story short bill was £820 called and said when does it need paying by. They said 14days I said cannot afford it, can pay £400 at end of month then the rest at end of April she said we cannot do that and we will get chargers added on. They said can set a direct debit for the balance and for due bills but don't want direct debit if I'm willing to pay on the said dates why are they not saying yes and said they are going to be charging us for sending overdue letters when we are trying to pay, it's hard enough as it is with rent and everything but they don't want to help, any advised what we should do please? Thank you

Do you despute the amount owing?

Any late payment fees are unlawfull

They are the worst company dealing with customers deal with them in writing

They should set up a repayment plan go through complaint procedure if need be

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

BG are truly awful, when you get the chance, get rid of them..

I'm guessing you spke to them over the phone? A big no no, the telephone jockey on the other end would be wanting their commission and will

tell you anything in order to get it.

Keep EVERYTHING in writing, and get ''proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter, & obviously keep copies of all correspondence

and a diary of events.

DO NOT set up a DD if you can help it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

No we are not disputing we are happy to pay just cannot afford all in one go but happy to split over 2 month but they saying we carnt and if not paid in 14days further dress be added should I go through complaints

Tell them to shut up.

Have you got their bank details?

If so pay them through your internet banking, if needs be set up a standing order, pay the bill over the two months,

then vote with your feet and take your custom elsewhere.

I would still be making a formal complaint about the toddler you spoke to.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all just a update they are trying to get me to set a direct debit up so pay the areas and current/further bills, I explained I do not want to set direct debit up and pay for bills as I don't know what I'll be using I advised them I want to set you a arrangement to pay this off half now and half next month but they said I carnt and after a slanging session I just hung up carnt be doing with them, shall I just go on the website try make a payment? And pay rest next month? My only concern is if it's not paid will they take me to court? I'm wanting to pay just need time

And don't want to set a

Direct debit up for future bills

Well if you insist on ringing them then this is exactly the result you will get each and every time.

Which is why you're always advised to keep everything in writing, unless you have the facility to record both sides of the call then you will

be wasting your breath.

Have you got their bank details?