melt down following repossession

ikle pickle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I posted a thread some time ago over issues relating to arrears with my mortgage that long term led to the repossession of our family home

Prior to my property being taken into possession we became so confused, overwhelmed and distressed that we gave up and let our home go.

As you can appreciate in my mind set this matter has still not been laid to rest and in making this post I question whether it is worth even opening old wounds, given that previous attempts have failed

In respect to my concerns on this matter I will say that some of the issues which we were experiencing we did raise with the ombudsman, which was upheld in the banks favour.

We did not accept the decision as the response in summary provided many inaccuracies as to the actual complaint itself, of which I won't bore you.

My unresolved concerns:

Whilst my account was in arrears, the business in providing monthly and annual financial statements of account, recorded payments I made inaccurately, in that it:

Recorded payments made directly to the business by pos as paid by cheque and cash. "no cheque payments by myself were ever made to the account"

Payments made are shown as paid on dates payments were not actually made, in some instances not recorded as paid for up to two weeks after payment made.

The statements do not provide details of charges and fees levied to the capital balance and or arrears, yet show as added in the opening and closing balances

The monthly mortgage statements and annual statements received from the business do not relate to statements received in two subsequent sar received, one of which was not requested. The statements provided to the courts also do not match statements received and appear to have been re administered

Following sar request the business not only provided other people's data within it, but provided letters never received

A year after sar request the business sent a cheque for sar amount and a letter referring to a sar request never made asking to re-send request and payment, a payment never sent for an additional sar

Upon calling the business, advised there error and to rip cheque up, was sent as the initial sar was sent out incorrectly so another was on its way

The business sent collectors to mortgage property to take photos without our knowledge and also went to neighbour asking questions about us

us, we have a statement which states this as garden was broke into after collectors left gate open

Business aware property now rented, aware unhappy with rental contract received, having received weekly payments to the account, canceled whilst awaiting new payment plan incorporating repayment and arrears put on to capital so could start again, ignored and instead took action for no payment sending letter to tenants to vacate, further allowing tenants to remain in the property rent free yet charged for mortgage.

We also had ppi on the mortgage which for some reason were told that we canceled a month after my husband fell ill so not entitled to

So I ask you guys having read this, should I continue with this matter or give up and pay the shortfall which is all charges and fees

No

You reclaim those charges and fees with interest in restitution on top.

You reclaim that PPI!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I would also consider reporting them to the ICO for violating data protection act.

One thing must be made clear. No more phone calls. Everything to be sent by recorded delivery post!! A copy of reciept and proof of postage attached to every letter.

Depending on the amount of the arrears and how much was made up form unlawful penalties maybe someone could advise as to whethr you should seek legal advice as to whether the repossession was legal and what recourse you have now.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I would also consider reporting them to the ICO for violating data protection act.

One thing must be made clear. No more phone calls. Everything to be sent by recorded delivery post!! A copy of reciept and proof of postage attached to every letter.

Depending on the amount of the arrears and how much was made up form unlawful penalties maybe someone could advise as to whethr you should seek legal advice as to whether the repossession was legal and what recourse you have now.

Thank you so much for your reply. The only thing is I have no idea were to start or even how to go about it. If I go a head I need to make sure I get it right so the business can't find a back door so to speak