Can I charge Lloyds bank for telephone calls & correspondence?

JA W
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a loan with PPI in October 2001 with Lloyds TSB bank. I have been self-employed since 2000.

The loan + PPI and Gold account were all placed in default in January 2003 and was passed to BLS collections (Lloyds bank) as an amalgamated account to repay at zero interest. I was uncertain if I could pursue for reclaim of PPI and started making enquiries in 2010. I was also experiencing financial difficulty and had reduced payments to £30 per month; though this was a challenge sometimes. Business was very slow.

I started gathering account information in Spring 2011, speaking with FOS and other debt management companies who wanted to 'help me reclaim my PPI' for a percentage...

In July 2011 I formally complained to Lloyds TSB bank regarding mi-selling of PPI due to me being self-employed - natural denial of mis-selling and stone-walling with Lloyds and BLS. No joy with Lloyds admitting any mis-selling; so I lodged a complaint through FOS in Sept 2011.

Flash forward, May 2012 - shoddy settlement figure that was an insult; it didn't even add up... So FOS continued to help with complaint, eventually sent to redress and finally getting somewhere with settlement.

Though Lloyds are refusing to reduce any amount at time of default and more importantly; take in consideration for loss of earning.

My question to you all is, can I invoice Lloyds for 212 hours of consulting over the telephone since July 2011? As a provider of a professional therapy service, this equates to over £9000 in lost income.

I've had to telephone in their office hours, which are also my office hours. FOS have given me a log of calls between us and are currently totting up cumulative hours as we speak.

Thanks everyone

J

If you have unequivocal proof of mis-selling – rather than simply some misunderstanding or poor communication, then I would say that you were in a position to make a legitimate claim for the time and effort and expenses that it has cost you to get your refund.

It certainly seems fair that you should be able to claim from them your normal hourly rate. However, a core is unlikely to award you that much. I think that you would have to do make sure that what you're claiming was detailed, supported by evidence and also moderate in the level of claim.

Don't the bank to be very helpful about it. And except the ombudsman to give you any kind of help either. The ombudsman is business oriented and will not see your claim as at all legitimate and will also be worried about opening the floodgates.

If you have real evidence of unfair treatment in the selling to you of the PPI insurance and also the way they have handled your refund, then the only way to go about it is by taking an action in the court under BCOBS.

Hi BankFodder

I have already received part payment of PPI refund; with the remainder to follow.

I can categorically prove (HMRC records) I was self-employed before the loan and PPI were sold to me in Oct 2001. I have been continuously self-employed throughout to present. Lloyds bank have changed their 'story' from we did nothing wrong to we're repaying you; due to redress dept of FOS. When I took out the loan, the Lloyds bank staff member implied that without the PPI I may not be approved for the loan - eventhough my credit rating at that time was good.

Both Lloyds bank and FOS are aware of my self-employed status. I have always made it abundantly clear to them and any Debt management company. Adjudicator at FOS has stated that if I need any support with Lloyds paying me, I can 'in theory' work through them as it is linked to the original complaint.

I am already gathering 'evidence' of call dates and durations as we speak. Naturally, Lloyds are being the least co-operative. They gave me the 'run around' for 6 weeks last year - that was just to speak with the right department.

Thank you for the info about BCOBS