MBNA and MAX Recovery

heidda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was the debt included in the bankruptcy?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yes. I have managed to get them to change the default date to my bankruptcy date but because Max recovery are not the OC I thought they couldnt mark my account. Am asking the question because I believe that Erudio who bought student loans can't mark my credit file as they are not the OC (unless I sign their deferment form). So how can Max recovery?

If it was part of the bankruptcy then its gone. Dead and buried. They certainly can't sell it on or mark files or add anything to it

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

So how did they manage to mark my file? If they bought the debt from MBNA then they are not the OC. The defaults will be off my credit file in next year anyway but am just want to query how they can mark my file. Cheers

I had to contact Max recovery to get them to change my default dates too. They changed them no problem. It's just why they are allowed to mark my file if they are not the OC.

I had to contact Max recovery to get them to change my default dates too. They changed them no problem. It's just why they are allowed to mark my file if they are not the OC.

I have no idea but was pee'ved with MBNA selling the debt six months after they were informed of bankruptcy.

Guess a way of MBNA screwing your credit rating for a few more years. Not that I am cynical when it comes to MBNA.

They managed because erudio is a low rate dca. They want money, they got annoyed they couldnt get it so they sold the debt off even though it doesnt exist. You might be able to get something from the bankruptcy reciever to show the debt was included, and you can send these muppets a copy. They have to remove it then AND not contact you again.

If they are the new owner, then they inherit all rights and obligations of the OC. This also means updating your file. However, they cannot change the date of default from the original, and cant add any silly charges on.

My file is marked from MBNA and MAX recovery in a seperate entry. I knew they could update it but not create a new entry.

It makes it look like you defaulted on two separate debts, even though they are one and the same. Just stuffs up your credit history a bit more.

I had thought of writing to Max Recovery and asking why they have a debt on my CRA post bankruptcy that never existed.

At the end of the day MBNA and Max Recovery will both drop off the CRA report at the same time, so I'm not to fussed. I guess you have something similar as below.

Max Recovery

Account start date

27/10/1999

Account end date

10/11/2011

Repayment frequency

Monthly

Date of default

10/11/2010

MBNA

Account start date

27/10/1999

Account end date

31/05/2011

Repayment frequency

Monthly

Date of default

10/11/2010

Yes. That is similar. Both will drop off next year so am not to bothered either. They must be able to mark my file becasue MBNA marked it previously. If MBNA hadnt marked my file I take it MAX recovery couldnt have.

Yes. I have managed to get them to change the default date to my bankruptcy date but because Max recovery are not the OC I thought they couldnt mark my account. Am asking the question because I believe that Erudio who bought student loans can't mark my credit file as they are not the OC (unless I sign their deferment form). So how can Max recovery?

Is this true? I Thought Erudio could mark credit files? They are certainly claiming this on their website and NEW deferment form?? Any Mods know the answer to this, Thanks.

From what I can gather they can't mark your file unless you sign that new deferment form which give them permission to trash your file. To be honest I have not seen any evidence of peoples files being marked.

Youre not looking hard enough. Erudio have and do mark peoples files. Their version of the deferment form pretty much gives them free reign to do what they want.

From Erudio website. Its like a charm offensive/PR exercise. She's now in charge of this shell company/DCA :) (Well cuz Aroo bought her own company over recently...)

News

190646-helen-ashton-184x210-2.jpg 26/02/2015

Message from Helen Ashton about the new Deferment Application Form and How to Guide.

Welcome to Erudio Student Loans. I joined the company recently and I am the executive responsible for running Erudio in a way that customers expect and deserve.

The transfer of 500,000 loans (representing some 250,000 individual customers) is always going to be complex, and we recognise that we didn't get everything right first time. I want to apologise for the errors we made and assure you that we have learned a lot from these, we are listening to our customers and we are working hard to make improvements.

My priority is to ensure our customers receive the high level of service they rightly expect. To do this we are introducing improvements across all aspects of Erudio. We have already taken a number of important steps, including launching a new Deferment Application Form and How to Guide (25/02/15) ahead of what is the peak deferment period for Erudio customers. The new versions of these documents were developed following customer feedback and a wider external and internal review process.

Importantly, in the new Deferment Application Form we have removed certain questions as well as highlighted where information is optional. We have also changed the layout to help you calculate your annual income.

Having listened to customer feedback, in the How to Guide we have been able to confirm that credit searches completed as part of the deferment application process will be treated as a special case and the footprint they leave on your credit file will not be shared with, or be visible to, other lenders.

We will continue to work to make the deferment and payment processes as straightforward as possible. We recognise there are still further improvements to be made and, whilst not all of these can be implemented overnight, we will continue to listen to feedback and make the changes required to improve our service.

Helen Ashton

Executive in charge of Erudio

She even admits that they can only search after you have completed their deferment process. The original deferment app doesnt give them the right :)

Probably a light search to check if you are there when they bought the debt.