Robinson Way chasing 12 year oldshopacheck 'debt'.

pinklisar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning eveyone.

I had a phone call from Robinson Way this morning about a shopacheck debt I apparantly owe.

I asked when the debt was from as I've lived at my current address for 8 years and I don't think I owe the debt,

he said 2003 and

I said so your chasing a 12 year old debt?

I'm pretty sure I don't owe it and it's statute barred and hung the phone up.

Have I admitted ownership or anything?

I don't know if I owe the debt,

I had a call from robinson way a few weeks back and

she asked me for my previous address and

I said I've lived here 8 years and

she said oh I better send you a letter out.

I don't know if I've made a payment since I moved here.

I vaguely remember shopacheck but I honestly don't know if I had a loan out or not.

Many thanks in advance for your help

Lisa x

Pinklisar

:p:razz:

Once a debt has reached the time of becoming statute barred, it cannot be 'un' barred, even if you make a payment.

The debt doesn't disappear and can still be chased, but the courts cannot be used to enforce payment.

Edited by Conniff

Hi

Have you checked your credit file? If not, it would be wise to do so.

IF robbers way actually do send a letter out, you will then be in a better position to know where you stand but I agree with Conniff in that it would be SB by now.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I think that acknowledgement has to be in writing for it to count anyway. In any case "I'm pretty sure I don't owe it" is pretty difficult to make into an acknowledgement of debt! :-)

You can take a full page advertisement out in the national press stating that you owe robbers way this money.........it still wouldn't unbar it!

Robbersway have a lemon debt on their hands, excellent......

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Wow they must be getting desperate. A full page ad will be fun but still wont unbar it.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Just be wary here .....Welcome Financial Services Ltd's Shopacheck business.

If it was a secured loan (mortgage type) then the limitation period is 12 years...not 6.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ohhhh Andy!! :rain:

I didn't think shopacheck did secure loans did they?

Wasn't they usually 50 quid here 50 quid there, and then you could increase the amount you could borrow, IF, you had been good and paid

in full on time everytime?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Putting my clairvoyant hat on, I foretell a phantom payment appearing at some point.

On the other hand, I might have been reading the forums for too long and got cynical.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I'll be honest, I have no idea what it was for but it definitely wouldn't have been a secure loan as I've never had one out. I did have a loan from Welcome Finance but that was paid of years ago. I'll see if I can find this letter they sent and see if that can shed any light on it. I've checked my credit report and nothing is showing up from Robinson Way on it x

Thanks for all your replys guys :)

Pinklisar

:p:razz:

Shopa check is welcome finance if l remember correctly. Just wait to see what happens

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Phone call and no letter? Ignore it. Its a phishing attempt

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't visited these parts of the www for a while, didn't need to until today. (How are all you guys and gals?)

Had a phone call from these jokers this morning asking me questions for "Security purposes". Confirm name, first line of address etc, you know the drill. Needless to say I told them nothing and asked the guy who he was and what he wanted. He responded by stating his name, I think it was David Jones and he was representing robbers way. I asked what it related to and he said it was all in the letter they had sent me, I informed him I had received no such letter (true) so he stated they would write to me again.

About 2 hours later the postie came with a letter from...........

You guessed it, Robinson Way. Chasing me for a shopacheck debt for £100.10!! Now I haven't had any dealings with shopacheck for about 12-13 years so I already know they cannot do a thing about it even if I did recall defaulting on one of their £100 loans but I thought it may be relevant to this thread rather than start my own.

Are robbers really getting that desperate that they are resorting to chasing statute barred mickey mouse debts??? They are even offering me a balance reduction!:lol:

I'd love to know how they got hold of my telephone number though, I just had a read through THIS thread and couldn't stop laughing. I'm actually looking forward to their next phone call now. I might offer them the 10p which I'll send in old spanish pesetas that I still have lying around.

If you really want to be cheered up sturose search threads by diskmandave on how to deal with DCAs...place your coffee in a secure place as I knocked mine over the keyboard ...couldn't stop laughing.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Haven't visited these parts of the www for a while, didn't need to until today. (How are all you guys and gals?)
There are over 300,000 of us so I don't think you really want an answer to that :)

You can offer, and even pay a joke amount if you want as it will not un SB it, no payment or admission will.

Ha ha yeah go on go on go on......

Pay them a squid and tell them you can pay the total amount on friday in full, if they can wait a couple of days...

I'd string them along and play them at their own game, give them card details of a card that is out of date, I have one here just for this purpose,

you gotta love DCA baiting!

If you really want to be cheered up sturose search threads by diskmandave on how to deal with DCAs...place your coffee in a secure place as I knocked mine over the keyboard ...couldn't stop laughing.

Regards

Andy

Searched diskmandave on google and 1st result was THIS thread. Like the guys style and got some tips from reading that.

I remember now why I stopped visiting this site, reading funny threads like that one was taking up all of my day. I never get any work done when I'm on this site, I've done absolutely nothing productive today! I have to learn some self control.

There are over 300,000 of us so I don't think you really want an answer to that :)

You can offer, and even pay a joke amount if you want as it will not un SB it, no payment or admission will.

Hehe, visions of 300,000 responses from people saying Hi.

Might send them 10p and suggest that as my full and final, you think they'll go for it???

Ha ha yeah go on go on go on......

Pay them a squid and tell them you can pay the total amount on friday in full, if they can wait a couple of days...

I'd string them along and play them at their own game, give them card details of a card that is out of date, I have one here just for this purpose,

you gotta love DCA baiting!

I have one of them fake argos credit cards, you know the ones they send when you have been "pre-approved". All 000000000000 for the card number. Wonder if they accept those?

Play them at their own game. 1p a year and you will withhold that amount should they contact you via any means :) The debt is well and truely SB so why not have some fun with them. Theyre stupid enough to fall for it too.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So I just ignored the letter I received from them in the hope they would phone me. No such luck, another letter from these jokers today.

The letter reads as follows:

In relation to your unpaid account, we are authorised to negotiate repayment of the outstanding balance with you.

If you do not pay or contact us it may mean further letters and calls, plus your ability to obtain further credit (including mortgages) may be affected.

Please contact us using one of the methods below blah blah blah blah.

Should I be worried that these clowns are going to telephone me, send me letters, threaten my credit rating etc????

Bring it on I say! Can't wait for the next installment.

I would either ignore or send a prove it letter.

See what others say tho

I'm ignoring at the moment, I'm hoping these idiots will overstep the mark so I can report them.

If I can stop them harrassing just one other person I'll consider it a job well done.

PS. I was being sarcastic about being worried just in case anyone actually believes that I am in fear of my life because of these pond life.