style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I own a hotel and came back from shopping to find a letter had been hand delivered through the post box.

It was from an Enforcement Agent from Andrew Wilson & Co addressed to a former guest who stayed at my hotel many months ago.

The letter states the EO will come back to take control of goods.

I rang the number on the letter and got nowhere.

I was told the EO has the right to force entry if necessary to carry out the Writ of Control.

How do I stop this from happening.... Its not my debt, the person they are looking for is not here.

They were quite intimidating when I phoned.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank You

Do you have any paperwork from when he stayed?

Just keep copies of bills and rates bill handy if he does come back. Show him those and he should just make enquiries. The EA will be told what your telling him alot, and as such he wont believe you until proof is seen.

Usually, sending the proof that you are a hotelier and this was your guest some time ago to the ea's office will be enough to stop. But it depends how brutal aw+co are.

What Grumpy says is correct.

One question I would ask is was the debtor and employee or literally just a guest?

If they were an employee then AW & Co may need to be convinced they're not part of the ownership. Many small seaside hotels are run by sole traders.