court summons for not sending documents to dvla

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have an issue where I have been summoned to court for not sending my driving license to dvla.

I was offered a fixed penalty for a speeding offence. I paid the £100.00 fine online and sent my documents off to dvla to be endorsed as requested. Sometime later I then got a summons to court for a date in March. I contacted the fixed penalty office to query why this was as I have proof I had paid the fine. They replied saying that they hadn't received my documents, even though I had sent them via royal mail on the same day. They said I would have to attended court and plead my case, if I lose it will increase to 6 points and up too £1000 fine. I have today applied for a new license as I need this for work.

Please can someone advise me what to do

Hi, don't know if it will help at all.

My husband got a speeding fine too, 3 point and £100 fine. We paid the fine online but were told to send the licence to the the police not the dvla, I'm sorry I can't remeber exactly where now but definately did not send it to the dvla. Have you checked with the dvla to see if they have it?

Hi

While admittedly not a legal guru, my thoughts are that you plead not guilty and state that you did send the DL off. The DVLA lose plenty of documents and make mistakes but they don't admit it. You are under no obligation to prove that you sent the licence off (although it would have helped)

If you read around the forum, you will find others that have been given a penalty where the DVLA have said no documents have been received but when challenged, have withdrawn the case.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I have compiled the following to sent to court along with my paperwork.

please can I have peoples opinions

Mitigating Circumstances

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have admitted the offence of exceeding a 40mph speed limit. I had also accepted the conditional offer of fixed penalty.

This was paid online on 1st November 2014, please see confirmation attached.

I also posted my driving license photocard and counterpart as detailed in the accepting the conditional offer letter. This was posted via royal mail on the 1st November 2014 to the following address HMCTS NORTH FIXED PENALTIES, PO BOX 250, MORLEY, LS27 1ET. Please find enclosed a copy of my photocopied documents.

I was unaware that this had not reached the office until I received the court summons for this offence. I called the fixed penalties office as soon as I received the letter of summons to query why I was being taken to court. It was explained that my paper work may have gone missing in transit to them.

I have subsequently applied for a replacement driving which is enclosed.

I would to ask the court to please deal with case as originally offered in the fixed penalty, as I had paid my fine and also sent my documentation to the fixed penalties office as requested. I have also had to pay out to request new documents.

I think what you've written is fine, I'm not an expert but you've explained what happened and hopefully you will get an understanding judge

Don't be too hard on the people here, they are volunteers and most have full time jobs.

Good luck