Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1864 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

The boiler broke down yet again yesterday and



the letting agency just keeps saying we have to wait for the LL to OK the repairs and the LL has to provide any portable heaters I may need,



this house has no other means of heating than the central heating,

only hot water is now from the kettle,

I am classed as disabled and this cold house is making me feel unwell to say the least.


what I want to know is there anything I can do or say to the letting agency to get some sort of heating device to keep at least one room warm?



And am I entitled to any compensation for the lack of heating/hot-water,



also how long is reasonable for me to have to wait for repairs please?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't say when the gch boiler first broke down/reported nor what action, if any, LL has taken to a get an estimate for repair/replacement?

Lord Denning's opinion was that a T cannot expect any quicker action other than that avail to an owner-occupier.

LL should provide temp room heater, nothing to stop you buying 2 cheap, new fan heaters and negotiating some rent rebate to defray cost until boiler is fixed. Kettle is adequate for temp hot water for washing etc IMO.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...